Roof Bars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gcampbell
    Anybody got any reports on the Mont Blanc roof bars?

Need to lug 2 mtbs around and don't want to damage my cooper! Also don't want holes drilled.

Found the mont blanc info on www.skidrive.co.uk

What about any dealers for saris bones rack.... on mini2.com forum.
    It's a boot mounted one but looks good!

Linda M
    Welcome Graeme :) I had the Mont Blanc bike rack on my jeep and it was very good. Don't have it on my MINI though, so can't help you there. I don't think I've seen a MINI in Scotland with a bike rack....yet !!!!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I have seen the Paddy Hopkirk one it looks cool

Julz
    I was looking at getting the new mini bike rack, it's in the new accessories book (Linda, keep away!!!), it's rather nifty cause it lifts your bike onto the roof, and runour had it that you don't have to drill the car, but I can find out tomorrow if you want, cause I'm back at John Clarks to collect some toys!! (to cheer BabyB up, she's not getting 'sorted' for a few weeks now cause the JC body shop is scared of her!!:()

macblob
    That sounds cool Julz, any chance of getting a price on it too

And one more ?, how many bikes does it hold

Thanks

Brian

Julz
    Will do, I've got a funny feeling that it holds around four bikes! I'll try and remember to scan the pic out the brochure for you!

Linda M
    That bike rack sounds neat Julz I'm addicted to watching the Tour De France every year My poor bike needs to get out more though :clown: Hey, will BabyB have her new make over for Cullen :question:

Julz
    Afraid not Linda, the John Clarks body shop had a last minute panic so I've taken the work to a recommended body shop, but the guy can't take BabyB in for a few weeks yet! She does have her new shoes, window tints and sits a wee bit lower though!!

Monsta Mo Mini
    Hi Graeme - I've been looking at that system aswell. There's a guy down on Bonnington Road actually got it and looks quite a tidy piece of kit. The Skidrive price is the best I've found aswell. Most seem to be charging £150+ for it! I'll probably be ordering in the next week or so. I'm just trying to source a white roofbox....

Julz
    The roof bars in the mini accessories brochure require drilling of the roof which is also apparently a 6 hour job!! So calum, what's this Skidrive thingy then??:)