Squeaky Driver Seat Is Back!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Wul
    Just dropped my Coop off to Dunedins (Again!) this morning to get the squeak looked at and the drivers window drop problem investigated - got they're MCS courtesy car this time! Smells like an ashtray but goes well! Although for my very first outing in an MCS i have to say the difference between it and an MC is not as much as i thought it would be - extra gear excepted!

macblob
    Dammm i thought id been in and out of Dunedin a lot but u might aswell live ther Wul:dead:

Wul
    Yup - feels like a home from home!

9 warranty visits plus a couple to hamilton as well as other times i've nipped in to book it in etc and the TLC service!

I'm sure Calum and GAJ are long term visitiors there too!

Woz
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Although for my very first outing in an MCS i have to say the difference between it and an MC is not as much as i thought it would be - extra gear excepted!
    Yep, I took one out for a spin the other day when my seats were being done and felt the same. I think its because the MCS feels smooth on the power so you dont notice that you have put on a load of speed quickly.

BTW, did you get you problem sorted with the compensation issue?

Hope they get it fixed this time.

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Yup - feels like a home from home!

9 warranty visits plus a couple to hamilton as well as other times i've nipped in to book it in etc and the TLC service!

I'm sure Calum and GAJ are long term visitiors there too!
    I've not been for a couple of months so I'll no doubt be back soon. I have a hole appear in the handbrake boot where it looks like it has got stuvk in the internal mechanism but I can't be arsed taking it in to get that fixed. I'll wait till my seats start squeaking!

Wul
    Well another successful visit to Dunedins over....except it's back on tuesday again - the technician discovers the door catch was corroded so ordered up a new set to replace the current ones. but the squeak has gone - HOORAY!

Citrus Travel sweets this time!

However.....

After having spent 4hours on saturday washing/polishing/vinyl dressing the car so it looked braw! and leaving a yellow post it note on the seat saying "PLEASE DO NOT WASH THIS CAR" they chose to move the note and tuck it into the sun visor and completely ignore my request!

So when i returned to collect my car, it had been sitting in the baking sun with more water marks burnt on than clean paintwork! and the dust from the yard stuck to the water marks too - however the roof was the best bit - it looked like they'd completely forgot to rinse the soap off and let it dry on AARRGGHH!!! i kid you not the car looked dirtier when i collected it than it did BEFORE i started on saturday morning!

So if you're reading this Mr Valeter - if you are going to wash a black car - DON'T LET IT DRY IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT!

end of rant!

macblob
    Glad to hear the Squeak is gone Wul

You in on Tuesday morning with the car?

Ill be in then around 8.30am to have my Squeak looked at. lol

Im just waiting on the car as i need it back to get to work in the afternoon!!!
    , squeak free with a bit of luck.

Ive also had my car back looking dirtier than it did when it when into Dunedins before. All they do is pressue wash them and then stuck em outside in the dust .........lovely :mad:

Maybe see u in Dunedin Tuesday morning if ur about with ur car :)

Cheers Brian

miniscot00
    My drivers seat broke completely (no comments about weight please!). It got stuck in the fully reclined postion resulting in a very uncomfortable drive back from the borders. Dunedin replaced the frame completely and (touch wood) haven't had any problems since.

Wul - still three visits to go until you reach my 12!!

Julz
    Why was it in the fully reclined position anyway??

Wul
    Brian - i'll be there about 08.30 too so will look out for you! Take your license with you and go and see Brian the sales guy about a shot of a demonstrator (the S eg) while your waiting i'm sure they'll oblige.

you're spot on with the washing strategy too - i'd rather they didn't bother!

Calum - number 10 is booked for tuesday - you'd better watch out - i'm catching you up!!