Squeaky Driver Seat Is Back!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    macblob
    Ive lost count how many trips ive had to Dunedin, especially in the 1st 6 months or so of owning my coop.

Ill hopefully see u there Wul, im the big bald fat bloke who looks way too scruffy to be in a BMW garage.

macblob
    Good to meet you this morning Wul

Hope everything is sorted with ur car after today.

They had mine for a lil over an hr, and have decided it needs a new seat base which they have to order, so back to Dunedin yet again next monday afternoon to have that fitted.

Plus my car stinks of oil/lubricant they must have used on the seat this am :mad:

grrrrrrr!!!!........on the plus side Autoglass came out and replaced my driver side window this morning, as some wee F***er decided to try and smash it , leaving a big chip in the glass (not leaving the car outside my mates in Glasgow again lol)

Wul
    Ditto Macblob!

Funny thing happened after i left you - got to site - phone goes at 10am - "ah mr scott we've given you the wrong courtesy car could we come and change it over?" - in the end i drove back to Dunedin at lunchtime as they'd finished with my car.

Got a new driver door lock fitted as mine was corroded apparently - and they didn't clean it this time HOORAY! no sweets though! BOO! So only the passenger lock to go and i will have had the whole set!

Your seat prob sounds so familiar! only after they've stripped and rebuilt the new one 3 times will the squeaks start to go!!

Enjoy the barby on Sat! and will look out for you in town!

Wul

macblob
    Cheers

Im just glad they are replacing some of the seat this time as i feel this is what should have been done in the 1st place, but typical BMW want to get you to go in about 20 times 1st.

However they were fairly apologetic today about dragging me in again next week, so we will wait and see whether the new base fixes the dreaded squeak.

Ill try and enjoy the barby inbetween crying and whinning cause im missing the cullen run (damm women).

macblob
    New base of drivers seat now fitted, another 2hrs 30mins sat around Dunedin though.

However no squeak on the way home and the seat felt way more comfy than before but i suppose time will tell if the dreaded squeak will return.

Im hoping not this time

Wul
    Fingers crossed Brian!