Squeaky Driver Seat Is Back!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    macblob
    My Drivers seat used to squeak really badly ages ago, so the car went back to Dunedin who said they stripped the seat down and put it back together without finding a fault (so they said!!)......the noise had gone when i got it back though strangely enough.

The squeak seems to have returned over the weekend :mad:
    So going to see how it goes for a couple of days , but do you think I should be requesting a completely new seat, as whatever fixed this problem last time seems to have re occured!!

I can imagine Dunedin will not want to replace the seat, has anyone else had this sort of problem, cause the noise drives u mental after a wee while of sqeaking over every lump and bump!!!

3GGG
    One thing that cured mine was to adjust the height of the seat , try a small adjustment and see if that helps.

macblob
    Ive tried that before , but it only seems to help for a small amount of time.

Im thinking Dunedin have just greased bits inside the seat but as the grease become old the squeak just comes back as the actual problem causing it has never been fixed.

Typical BMW

Resident old yin.
    I have come to the conclusion that dealers think every rattle or squeeeeek can or should be fixed by plastering it in grease.

My seats (1 year & 12000 miles) have hardly ever squeaked - fingers crossed - but when they have I've moved all the seat adjustments a few times and it's gone away.

If your's are squeeking loudly and constantly then if I were you I'd demand something be done under warranty. Loads of people on MINI2 have reported having their seat bases replaced.

Wul
    Let me tell you about my squeaky drivers seat!

after 1 month of owning the car, my seat squeaked in every direction, the lumbar support popped like a 2L coke bottle

Went back to the dealer (douglas park - hamilton) who stripped/lubed the seat and rebuilt - 1 week later is was back!

Re-booked it in - they ordered a new seat base and frame - it arrived in Nov (3 months later) and when i booked it in to be replaced they wanted to give me a courtesy car that was costing me £25/day on insurance.

So booked the fault in to Dunedins for investigation & replacement. After them having to order another frame - the frame was finally fitted in Dec.

Since then the seat has been stripped in Feb and April - in the April visit the seat back broke as it had been on and off so many times!

At present there is a slight squeak, but i'm so fed up about it i'm trying to ignore it!

However.....the passenger seat is now doing it very bad and it's going in 2moro to get it investigated!

Sigh!:(

Woz
    My dealer is the Perth one. Our passenger seat started to squeak so I gave them a call. They ordered two new front seats and then fitted them for me.

Guess not all dealers are equal.

macblob
    Thanks for the feedback guys, i think im going to pay Dunedin a visit on my way home from work today.... will see what happens

You would have thought after all the years BMW have been making cars they could make some f***ing seats correctly but i suppose that is too much to ask.

Wul
    Brian - Jim Carroll the Service Manager@ Dunedins is on holiday for the next 2 weeks - hopefully you should still be able to get something sorted out though!

macblob
    They will probably tell me to go on a diet to stop the squeak lol

macblob
    Car is booked into Dunedin for next Tuesday to have the seat looked at again!!

Will wait and see what happens this time

Thanks for the opinions

Brian