Site Sponsor

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Opening many posts now you are drawn to the fact that some people have obviously donated to become a site sponsor.
    To my mind it is really in your face and may have the opposite effect of what is trying to be achieved.
    Obviously it is in the owners best interest to gain sponsorhip but i feel that the symbol could be a tad more discreet.
    Instead of reading the post i am now directed to see who has and who has not donated.

Once everyone has donated, or figures out how to, then i can only think that the page displayed on the screen will have these rather large banners detracting from the actual post and the forum itself.

I am obviously open to opinion and ridicule so please feel free.

Bonnie Scotland

3GGG
    Maybe a better compromise would be to show if one had become a sponsor in the left column under the name of the poster.

Linda M
    I personally don't think it's 'that' bad and I reckon Calum probably took quite a bit of time figuring out a neat sponsor banner to match the site.

The site is becoming bigger and more expensive to run so Calum needs to attract 'sponsor' attention in order to keep it running. He's already forked out in advance for the new window stickers and t-shirts he's hoping to get sorted out.

All sponsor money will go to running the site or fund any project relating to NMS and we can't expect Calum to subsidize these things.

After all, it's in 'all' our best interests to see this site kept alive and growing.

Just my opinion :)

miniscot00
    Having looked at the site after a few days away I take the point that the sponsor banners are a wee bit in your face and shall be toned down accordingly.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    While on the subject of sponsorship,I know its up the individual but what sort of cost are we talking here????

miniscot00
    If you do decide to make a donation, that amount is entirely up to you. However large or small it's all very much appreciated.

It's really down to how much value you place on being able to visit the site.

macblob
    I think the sponsorship idea is a good one, but not bothered if I get a wee logo under my name or not.
    Calum deserves some donations towards the running of the site and all the time and work he puts into it.
    Just my opinion.

GAJ
    Agreed. Beer monster?? I'm teetotal!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    My sentiments exactly, i was not saying you shouldn´t sponsor, just merely pointing to the fact it was immediately in your face, now, where do i go to place my bet, er, i mean buy a beer, erm, i mean assist callumin the upkeep of this fabulous site ??

Bonnie Scotland (currently touring in majorca)

Sponsor & Jakey
    and then there were none...
    Perhaps it's just my eyesight at this early hour but the wee sponsorship logo's appear to have vanished
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)