Annual Mini Clan Thistle Run 29/5/2005

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    R56 MCS
    Applications are now open for the annual Mini Clan Thistle Run. Details are as follows...

From Loch Lomond Shores to Dunoon
    Sunday May 29th 2005
    Scotland's Annual Mini-only Run

Having had five fantastically successful runs since the inaugural 2000 run between Edinburgh and St. Andrews, the Mini Clan's Thistle Runs have voyaged from Anstruther to Eyemouth to Oban using some of Scotland's finest roads and through the most stunning and beautiful scenery.

For 2005 the Mini Clan are have arranged another famous starting place; Drumkinnon Tower at Loch Lomond Shores.

From this beautiful starting point we will take you up the Loch and wind you over to Argyll and up the Rest An’ Be Thankful.

The journey then goes down some spectacular roads along the banks of Loch Fyne and over the glens to Dunoon.

Once in Dunoon we have been granted special permission to recreate our “Mini Cavalcade” into the town and to our central parking area where our judges will under take the challenge of the Show ’n’ Shine, including a category for best MINI!

The usual goodies will be part of the entry, such as a numbered magnetic rally plaque, sticker and Run magazine. You are only guaranteed a full run pack if you are amongst the first 140 to enter.

Entry costs are £10.50 before the 8th April and £13.00 thereafter. Entrys can be made online here.

GAJ
    Extra... Extra...
    The Mini Clan has also arranged a special deal with Western Ferries - the ticket is £6.75 for a Mini (or i presume a MINI) plus driver (a saving of 25%), extra passengers will cost £2.50. These tickets can be ordered now through a Clan member or (easier) bought on the day from the Clan, depending on availability.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Helen and I have booked a 3 day holiday in Arrochar so we can enjoy this fully (no long runs to & from). I canny wait .
    A fantastic day out for Minis of all ages

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Just sent my application away today - roll on another run!!

phantom
    Just booked on line + 1

davesminis
    I will be there too, it will be the first outing for my classic (hopefully she will be MOT'd by then) if not it will be an outing for Kimmy, my mini one.

Dave

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I'll be sending my application away in the next day or so. The Thistle Run is a fun day out with lots of great roads and Minis/MINIS of all types.

The (positive) reaction of people in the towns and villages along the way and the final cruise through the town is a sight to see! Don't miss it.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    That's me applied/booked

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

applied online yesterday:)
    Cooper Coupe...

minimadtez
    Ill be there in my classic.
    Hes feeling a bit left out with my new car