Sasssin frassin....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Moonshine
    Wasn't the initial problem that they couln't interrogate the ECU properly to find the route of the problem coz of the BBR Re-map? from the chat i thought that even once the map was removed by BBR, they still had difficulties in reading it? plz correct me if i picked it up wrong?

If it was the case, then i think that the initial outlay would probably be at your expense, however once a standard part was replaced, they should have been able to interrogate it correctly. But then you are into the murky waters of what caused the problem...oiled sparks plugs / sooted lambda sensor etc, etc and they might argue that the problem was as a result of non-standard parts or the modified engine and therefore not covered by warranty - i can see where they might come from.

Gerry

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Going "mental" will not help - I have to try really hard not to do it!
    Cool, calm, collect the evidence if you want to sort them out.

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by Moonshine

Wasn't the initial problem that they couln't interrogate the ECU properly to find the route of the problem coz of the BBR Re-map? from the chat i thought that even once the map was removed by BBR, they still had difficulties in reading it? plz correct me if i picked it up wrong?

If it was the case, then i think that the initial outlay would probably be at your expense, however once a standard part was replaced, they should have been able to interrogate it correctly. But then you are into the murky waters of what caused the problem...oiled sparks plugs / sooted lambda sensor etc, etc and they might argue that the problem was as a result of non-standard parts or the modified engine and therefore not covered by warranty - i can see where they might come from.

Gerry
    You're spot on! My only grumble is that despite me forking out to replace the ecu, it's still not fixed, and I was given the car back even though it had exactly the same problem! There is also the case that if the same thing is still happening, maybe the old ecu was fine, even though they couldn't read the diagnostics!! Who knows, I'll just have to be patient and see what the outcome is!:sleepy:

Moonshine
    However you look at it, it is not particularly satisfactory and the car should not have come back to you with the fault still there.

Gerry

Julz
    Exactly! At least it makes the selling process alot easier on my part as I'm losing faith!:(

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Julz, really sorry to hear of all the CRAP you're having to deal with. It's gone from the sublime to the ridiculous and is a sad ending for a fine car.

If it's still crook with the same problem, they should give you back your £1,100 as it simply hasn't fixed it and you paid that sum on the genuine understanding (based on their advice) that the ECU was at fault. The fault may now turn out not to be in that area, so it could be argued that their initial diagnosis was incorrect. That's working on the premise that they're honest enough to let you know if and when they find out....Hmmm. For that money, Id be needing something a lot stronger than 'Tea with Sympathy'!

Don't go mad at them, but don't be too patient either. In my experience, "Softly Softly" sometimes gets you labelled "Soft Touch" which you're not.

I have to admit, much as it goes against my petrolhead tendencies, this is one of the reasons I'm keeping my car in a fairly 'lowly' state of tune. I won't fork out £4K for the "JCW 210" upgrade (good as it may be), and if things go wrong with non-BMW tuning, MINI have got you over a barrel re. Warranty etc. Although having said that, all good tuners provide warranties on their work, but it could still come down to arguing "which part caused what?" with no-one willing to carry the can. As a matter of interest, what did BBR say?

Fingers crossed for you and the B.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Julz
    Well, I've got my credit card braced to fork out a further £500! The diagnosis this time is a selection of things (about 4 or 5, which I can't remember now). My main grump just now is why wasn't any of this fixed two weeks ago when the car was first in! The second grump is I'm forking out £30 a day for a hire car, wouldn't have been a problem last week, so I'm going to ask for some form of pay back for having to hire a car this week seeing as it should have been sorted last week.

The ecu is on it's way back to BBR as JC's say it won't run without it, BBR say that's crap as all the software is standard meaning the only thing they've changed is the cam and the supercharger pully, both of which run fine without their software. So at least my car should be back to it's original tuned self, if I ever get it back.

I'm a bit dubious that they haven't sourced the problem and are just replacing everything and hoping for the best. Don't worry elfman, I'm going to get a wee bit annoyed with them at me forking out £1100 for no reason, as it would appear. I still have all the original ecu bits and pieces, which I'm very tempted to get checked out elsewhere!

As for BBR, they've been more than helpful! They've even offered that if I can get my car to them, they'll get it sorted and give me a courtesy car! That would be fine if they weren't 443 miles away!

So, here's for a few more days in my wee Yaris!:disapprove: (it's a fun wee thing!:clown:)

sh@z
    Awwwwwww so sad to read this :( i'd be going nuts at them right about now. Hope you will be demanding your £1100 back from them, as they are feeding you a load of BS .... car wont work with standard ecu blah blah blah ... and hoping that you are none the wiser, like 90% of their customers. Reading this sort of thing really ticks me off :(

I was gonna say, get BBR to do the repairs, i'd rather pay BBR to repair it as you know they will not screw you around (well i would imagine so anyway) as opposed to the dealership. TBH take this to the mini customer service ppl, they will get onto the garage and sort them out

Hope this all gets sorted Julz :( ... hide your credit card!!!!!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Julz, sorry, but, this is pure and absolute p!sh, every time your car breaks down then the previous work is null and void.
    There is no way there can be a knock on effect, they have simply not been able to diagnose the original problem and are just making excuses and running out of ideas.
    Time to see the MD methinks

I honestly think an independant garage (BBR) should be used to confirm, i know it's a hassle to get it there, but......

macblob
    Sorry to hear about Baby B , you ever get it all sorted out Julz?