Cabrio Hood STUCK!!!

Car
    2017 i8 Protonic Red Edition
    Last weekend it stopped 1/2 way back. Managed to get it back up though no idea how!! Tonight it stopped all the way back and won't go back to closed! Anyone had this problem before? Now I have to get the Krypton Elise out of the garage, stick the Mini in the garage incase it rains tonight and drive around in a bright green car until I can get my Mini sorted!!!! I've read the manual (RTFM as my husband advises) and the only thing I've not done is applied brute force!! Don't think a wee 5ft 2" wifie would have much luck though!! Probably unlikely that the local dealer can look at it tomorrow (Saturday), should I call the Mini Assist or whatever it's called?

duncan
    If you cant get it down for the night, then phone them, at least for advice, anyway.

check your parcel shelf if this is not lock into the correct position it can cause this problem.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    2017 i8 Protonic Red Edition
    Thanks for the info above folks. Checked the parcel shelf, in place, so phoned Morrisons in Kirkcaldy who told me to bring it along. Took it along this morning and 1.5 hours later the hood was pulled up manually by two strong technicians and I've been told not to put the hood down until they can look at it properly. Now have to wait until 1st March before they can book it in for the day - too long to wait when you have nice sunny days like we have today in Fife. Looks like I'll be driving the Lotus Elise for the "topless" effect until the Mini can get fixed!:)