Poor Driving

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    turbotaxi
    Dear all,

I'm new here so please be gentle (great site by the way!). The reason I feel compelled to write is that I was astonished by the driving of a new mini owner last week.It happened on the A1 going north from Haddington at around 12.15pm and at speeds of around 80mph the owner of a blue Mini cooper (51 plate, I'm not 100% but I think I could see silver stripes on the bonnet) decided it would be a good idea to try to race with me! Obviously, he didn't catch me as he was driving an inferior spec car and was not as good a driver as me but that's not the point.

I do not understand why some folk feel compelled to behave as if they are on a racetrack at all times, it does the reputation of safer mini drivers no good whatsoever. Would anyone here have a clue who the driver could be as I feel it is a matter of importance to bring it to this driver's attention the he should know his and his car's limits?

Many thanks in advance.
    TT

macblob
    Errrrmmm, sounds a lot like my car.

What day last week TT? Depending on what day it was i would have still been in work

I dont recall trying to race anyone to or from work.

Wul
    Macblob - did you leave your keys unattended at any time that day?

turbotaxi
    The 'incident' occurred on Friday Macblob.

TT

macblob
    TT u dont happen to drive a Black Skoda Ovtavia VRS do ya ? lol

Tony
    erm, TT,...id watch what you say about 'inferior spec's and 'not as good a driver'.......comments like that can cause trouble down the line.........

and if you are such a 'safe' driver,....why were you dragged into a situation where this person WAS racing you,....but unable to catch you??? if you were driving sensibly,..surely this person would have caught,..overtaken, and then promptly crashed.

and if he was going at over 80mph,...but unable to catch you due to his inferior car, and bad driving,...just HOW FAST were you going?
    or do we need reminding that the national limit is 70mph.

sounds a BIT like the pot calling the kettle black to me...

Now me,...well, i drive at sensible speeds in town,...but i drive like a freak in the country. i do it, but then, i dont wave my finger when someone trys to race me.

ive always been a black pot,..but i dont go telling the kettle he is too..........:)

turbotaxi
    Hi Brian,

Ye caught me out, ya b###er!!

It's a Skoda, honest!!

Cheers
    Hugh

P.S I do genuinely like the site and would like to wish the good folk on here all the best.Keep up the good work and if you all fancy going through 'the Skoda barrier' check out www.briskoda.net where you'll all recieve a warm welcome.

sh@z
    page doesn't work...

a mini is not gonne catch a skoda vrs on a motorway.. (thats the top one aint it?? i dont keep up with teh skoda's) ... but take it to the backroads and u woulda had it mate ...

You musta been doin well over 100 heheh

Glad you found ur way to the site, welcome :)

sh@z

Resident old yin.
    I followed a fast moving Octavia on a country road once and it seemed to be handling the bends very impressively for such a big car.

macblob
    Alright Hugh ya Skoda driving ejit lol

I thought it was u as i dont remember racing anyone last week on the way home lol.

Ill get u back for this one