Bonnet Stripes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Monsta Mo Mini
    Has anyone bought and fitted bonnet stripes themselves? I think the BMW stripes cost £40 but another £60 to fit. Anyone?

Linda M
    Do the BMW ones have the black line either side of the stripe cos I know a lot of the bought ones are just the stripe. I really like the black line either side but mine were factory fitted. They look so cool on red though Calum

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    The stripes are easy to fit:)just go for it

scott shand
    mine where factory fitted and have the black stripe down the sides, the ones on my red cooper where plain white, so i think its a new thing they are doing

Julz
    I think they're doing the after market stripes with the black borders now cause the plain white didn't look as good and people were, surprisingly, complaining!!:evil:

Resident old yin.
    Are the ones with the contrasting edge not just for the S?
    I like those ones better than just the plain ones.

Don't know what they're like but outside Halfords at Straiton retail park at the weekend there is a vynl (crikey how do you spell vynl !!!) signs van there. I think they can basically do anything so if you're after something different it might be worth speaking to them. Probably cheaper than dealers too.

Moorf
    I read somewhere else on this website about someone (was it Willie?) who had silver bonnet stripes and was having probs with them.... I can't for the life of me find the thread again, sorry. I think the general problem was that they were too thin and coming away in places.

Anyway - was concerned as we too are having silver stripes (viper) and wondered if this was a common problem with only silver stripes or with stripes in general....

Moorf

Sponsor & Jakey
    That would be me Moorf:I The quote you're referring to is below.

Update: My MINI was back in yesterday and the 'clunking' sound seems to have gone :) There were a couple of places where the stripes were starting to come away but these have been repaired and they seem to have made a good job of it :) My car was very much a guinea pig for the dealers as it was the first (+ I think only one) they have fitted Viper Stripes to. It also took them 3 attempts :I

However, despite my waffling on about them I would be very reluctant to change the 'look' of my car. The stripes really set it off. If your happy to wash the car by hand you'll be fine. Just don't go near a car wash :disapprove:

Stick with the stripes Moorf (+ Woz), your car will look stunning

quote:The vinyl my stripes are made from is wafer thin and is heat sealed onto the car. You've gotta be real 'gentle' when washing the car, I'm frightened I scratch or tear the vinyl. Also found a little corner the other day where the Vinyl is about to come free from the body

Stouff's going into the dealers next week to have a nasty 'clunking' sound from the rear quarter investigated. I will be politely asking them to have a good look at the stripes too

I really like the silver stripes on my car but they've been a real pain in the a**. If the dealers can't get it sorted I think Stouff could be in for a 'makeover' this summer
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Resident old yin.
    Hi Willie M,

Where/what was the clunking sound on your car please and how did they fix it.

I have a BIG clunk from the rear which is the tailgate. Looking for as much info as poss as it goes into the dealer on Monday.

Ta, KenL

Sponsor & Jakey
    Okay doakey KenL.
    I'm fairly certain that the 'clunking' was coming from either the rear driver-side seatlatch (the bit that holds the folding seats in place) or from the rear seatbelt mechanism.
    The dealer tightened up and adjusted both seatlatches, checked the rear seatbelt mechanisms (but found nothing) and finally they adjusted the tailgate slightly.
    My MINI now appears to be 'clunk' free. Thank goodness, it was driving me pure mental :clown:
    Hope your own cars visit to the dealers is successful
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)