Wul's Car Care Thread

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Steve74
    quote:

Ok Wul new question to the car care King!

I'm 'bout to get a new car and I'd like to get a full kit of wax, polish, interior cleany stuff and sponge mitty things. Can you reccomend a kit... Budget £100 tops.

Currently use Zymol stuff on the Mini but it's dead messy and the interior stuff I use makes the dash shine - which I dont want.

Any ideas?

Wul - So man, C'mon whats the advice then...

Wul
    Sorry Steve - never clocked it in amongst the girders spill

The dash first - there are plenty of products about - but they all leave a shine if applied and left - secret is to apply the product then buff it of with a lint free cloth. I'm using meguiars Natural Vinyl stuff but there are a few about - look for ones which provide UV protection to stop your dash discolouring. THIS should help (god only knows what the lady is doing with the hoover though:I).

Wul
    As for the full kit - it depends on the products you like Steve.

From the Megs Range THIS is a good starter but wouldn't be too fussed for the plastic treatment and definately add a tube of scratch-X. My own pref would be to see if they'll swap them and also swap the ultimate mitt for a lambswool one (their the same price). oh and 2 buckets of course :clown:

:)

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

(god only knows what the lady is doing with the hoover though:I).
    She's a woman Wul! She knows what she's doing with the hoover!

Steve74

From the Megs Range THIS is a good starter but wouldn't be too fussed for the plastic treatment and definately add a tube of scratch-X. My own pref would be to see if they'll swap them and also swap the ultimate mitt for a lambswool one (their the same price). oh and 2 buckets of course :clown:

Excellent mate. Yup the woman was doing strange things with a hoover but like the way she dresses to clean the car - if only I could get the GF to do that for me!

What about cabrio soft-top cleaner then - what your recommendation?

And will you get a commission if I mention your name?

quote:Originally posted by Steve74

Excellent mate. Yup the woman was doing strange things with a hoover but like the way she dresses to clean the car - if only I could get the GF to do that for me!

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/quickorder.html

I use the above site to get my 303 Cabrio Cleaner stuff I've also got the 303 aerospace protectant spray which is good on interior leave a matt finish.

Found the recommendation on mini2 and thought I would try and it's all good so far
    Cooper Coupe...

Steve74
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

quote:Originally posted by Steve74

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/quickorder.html

I use the above site to get my 303 Cabrio Cleaner stuff I've also got the 303 aerospace protectant spray which is good on interior leave a matt finish.

Found the recommendation on mini2 and thought I would try and it's all good so far
    Cool, looks like I'm all set. Just wonder if I need to invest in 3M plastic on the car to stop the stone chips that have been an issue with my mini!!

Wul
    Good shout from Fiona on the 303 gear - it's the best for your trim inside and out - hard to get over here though as it can't be shipped by air as it's volatile gear

Wul
    and sadly no - i won't get any commission - but try emailing alex on www.seriousperformance.co.uk and see if he can better the deal for you :)

Steve74

and sadly no - i won't get any commission - but try emailing alex on www.seriousperformance.co.uk and see if he can better the deal for you :)
    Ta v much