Wul's Car Care Thread

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Wul
    Fi - they probably put something like diamondbrite or another sealant system on it - it's up to you really but the car shouldn't need clayed till after the summer now - unless you spend your life following tar lorries!! Yes the clay bar will remove the wax/sealant but i wouldn't do it as your paintwork should be smooooooooth as a babies bum just now anyway!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Got my Maguires 'bucket' today Wul :) It comes with the gold class stuff so didn't bother with the NXT. I'll get it when the gold class runs out :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Thanks Wul. Too late to try this today but will have a go next time.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

SWISSOL. Wul I've never heard of this have you any idea what it's like:question:
    Cooper Coupe...

Ok, car has been polished with NXT Tech Wax and looks great, should l go over the top with Carnuba Wax now
    LOVE LIFE,LIVE LIVI

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Tam1314

Ok, car has been polished with NXT Tech Wax and looks great, should l go over the top with Carnuba Wax now
    If it's a pure carnuba wax then go for it Tam - trying to top mine with megs #16 but cannae get the weather for it yet!:(

Wul
    Fiona - check This out - appears to be part of the zymol family but a bit more expensive!!

Wul
    To answer LnL's Q re stripping wax off there are various ways:

For paint in good nick (ie new) with no tar spots etc then simply a wash with a strongish solution of Fairy Liquid and water will do the trick - PLEASE NOTE wash-up liquid will also de-grease joints, wheel bearings etc - so not advised to wash your wheels, door hinges etc with this.

If you have tar spots, bird etching and lime then the best way to remove old wax and these blemishes is with detailing clay - ie megs quick clay - a good tip is not to waste the quick detailer as a clay lube but simply a double strength mix of wash shampoo (NOT fairy) in a squirty bottle does the job and means you can keep the QD for making the car sparkle.

Or finally if you wan't to remove light swirls and scuffs at the same time as remove the wax then a paint cleanser like zymol HD cleanse, Sonus paint cleaner (good stuff :)) megs clear coat body scrub or megs deep crystal step 1.

But one thing to remember folks - as with everything time spent on the prep will pay dividends on the finish so for a car doing a battle up and down the bypass every day Ewan i'd recommend the clay followed by the cleanser but if monies tight i'd go for the cleanser route.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Ta..
    I'll try the Fairy first (which was what I thought of first )
    Might even make my hands soft too!

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    <looks smug>