Induction Kit

sean_norrie
    Has anyone fitted a Pipercross Viper induction kit to a cooper?If you have was it an easy job or did you have to stick it into a garage.The reason am asking is am thinking of fitting one because av heard it makes a big difference to the sound of the car plus a little improvement to the performance.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Its very easy to fit sounds great but you will not notice any performance difference,you will however notice the fuel gauge move quicker as you play with the sound

GAJ
    I fitted a viper but it was a nightmare. Unlike the PK222, the K&N, Ramair, etc. The Viper needs a forced cold air feed. The kit just doesn't fit in the Cooper engine bay. Also the Viper is fully encapsulated so there is not as much noise as you get from the others plus, because of the problems sorting a suitable cold air feed I found that it sapped power! I believe that they have changed the kit a bit since I had one but I would avoid! It looks good though!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    If your looking for sound, drill a hole or two in the back of the air box