Clear Indicator lenses

macblob
    On the standard mini cooper side indicator, how easy is it to get the lenses out with out breaking wee platic mounts holding the entire thing into the wing.

Im somewhat aprehensive of just pulling them off encase i break em, but i fancy clear indicator lenses as they look miles better than the big orange things!!

Fontal
    Hello Macblob

I have just fitted the clear ones to my one on saturday :) its simple just push the ones in the wing to the rear of the car and then that alows you to get your nail under the front and they just pop out, it took me about a minute to do both of mine.

Cheers Richard

p.s. they do look much better.

macblob
    Cheers Richard,

How much did they cost ya btw?

U get em from BMW?

Thanks Brian

euan
    I got mine from my dealer, I can't remember how much. I mentioned about fitting them, and the guy had some spare time and did it for me there and then for free.

macblob
    Thanks guys, popped into dunedin today on the way home and picked up nice clear side repeaters for £21.
    Took as you say a minute to fit and look way better

Thanks for the help

Cheers Brian

macblob
    Ohh aye forgot to say Monsta, I saw ur cooper outside dunedin today when i was in getting my indicators. Nothing serious i hope!!!:question:

Monsta Mo Mini
    quote:Originally posted by macblob

Ohh aye forgot to say Monsta, I saw ur cooper outside dunedin today when i was in getting my indicators. Nothing serious i hope!!!:question:
    Airbag warning light and whiny clutch!:mad:

Wul
    Mo - the airbag light fault was probably the old side airbag wires under the seat fault - Dunedins replaced mines a month or so ago and touch wood the fault is gone....

...however now the passengers seat is squeaking badly and now occassionally the drivers window won't drop as i close the door, thus catching the gutter trim and making a terrible noise! So back it goes..........again! :(

Wul
    Oh BTW Mo - thought i was being funny today when i flyered your car at the gyle with an NMS flyer! CR/W cooper - bonnet stripes - furry dice......

....then as i drove away clocked the "manky" 5-Stars and realised it wasnae you! ach well maybe bext time! Perhaps they'll find their way on here and we can tell them off for the state of their wheels!

Monsta Mo Mini
    Mine was at Dunedin today but the part wasn't in....so back again on Monday. It was the wiring fault as you mentioned and I'm getting the clutch replaced aswell as it sqeals like hell on hill starts. Service very good...which was nice.

Got a shot of the S today......:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):): ):):):):):):):):)