Ready and willing?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mgemie
    I've a quick question to all you dealer dudes on here... if i came to you with my ONE and expressed a desire in wanting you to fit this

http://www.minisport.com/new-mini-sh...s-product.html

exhuast system for me what would be your answer? I realise this is a system designed for the CS, however, i know its possible but what would you say? - i'm basically asking if your BMW/MINI mechanics would consider this retro-fit and not laugh at the task from the word go...

My ONE is equipped with standard spec suspension but will probably have the Eibach springs (that have sat in my garage for 2months) fitted at same time...

I know that i'll have a small stack of waivers and warranty release stuff to sign but at the moment i'm just wondering if you'd consider the possibility of such a mod...

Mini Me
    Not allowed:disapprove::dead: Soz, if it aint genuine MINI,we can't fit it
    But i do have contacts that can

mgemie
    quote:Originally posted by minime

yeah but if you were allowed to fit nonMINI products would a professional trained MINI mechanic, who knew MINIs, laugh at the thought of fitting a CS exhuast to a MINI or...

basically the story is... my dealership is fitting my nonMINI Eibach springs and doing all the recalibration that goes with... what i was wondering was - would they laugh at me if i mentioned i wanted this particular CS exhuast fitted at same time?

Mini Me
    Shouldn't think so,some dealers are a bit more flexible when it comes to fitting non mini parts which is fine,but most won't as they could be liable if something went wrong and they can't cover it under warranty,which most sensible people understand,but there are those who don't.
    I would say ,if the will fit the springs , they will fit hte exhaust,even though it's not as straight forward a job.

quote:Originally posted by mgemie

yeah but if you were allowed to fit nonMINI products would a professional trained MINI mechanic, who knew MINIs, laugh at the thought of fitting a CS exhuast to a MINI or...

basically the story is... my dealership is fitting my nonMINI Eibach springs and doing all the recalibration that goes with... what i was wondering was - would they laugh at me if i mentioned i wanted this particular CS exhuast fitted at same time?
    wish I had known you were looking at this exhaust just taken the same off our cooper S but told play mini to keep it dinae want it anymore.

Only been on 3 months but could nae stand the sound.

You could have had it for nothing.

If you want try phoning playmini tomorrow to see if they still have it all you would need to pay is for the carriage back to scotlnad.

Was in there last thursday blue zeemax cooper s
    Cooper Coupe...

mgemie
    quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

wish I had known you were looking at this exhaust just taken the same off our cooper S but told play mini to keep it dinae want it anymore.

If you want try phoning playmini tomorrow to see if they still have it all you would need to pay is for the carriage back to scotlnad.

the same exhuast??? the same one as produced by blueflame for MiniSport? Too loud for your taste - that why you removed it? Does playmini just have the one phone number - 01293 851944? would they give it to me for nothing except carriage? Can i ask the name of the main person who you dealt with and your name?? I can phone up saying ScottieCoop said i could have the old exhaust...lol

mgemie
    the same exhuast??? the same one as produced by blueflame for MiniSport? Too loud for your taste - that why you removed it? Does playmini just have the one phone number - 01293 851944? would they give it to me for nothing except carriage? Can i ask the name of the main person who you dealt with and your name?? I can phone up saying ScottieCoop said i could have the old exhaust...lol
    doh!! me just looked at your profile, so i just need the salesdude you dealt with when phoning....you sure they'll give me your old 'huast and you ok with me having it if i manage to get it?

quote:Originally posted by ScottieCoop

the same exhuast blueflame defo bought and fitted by minisport defo too loud done our heads in.

Not sure off who we dealt with

but they will remeber us

came from Scotland
    Blue Zeemax cooper s
    fitted a new exhaust

Our details are Allan Thorne he had two of our dogs with him give it a go they may still have it around worth a try anyhow.

Don't see why they would have it problem giving you the exhaust if they still have it but not willing to give to you let me know I'll sort it out.
    Cooper Coupe...

mgemie
    ScottisCoop - the exhuast really too loud??? too boy racerish lol!! the sound deadeners help at all?

ScottisCoop - the exhuast really too loud??? too boy racerish lol!! the sound deadeners help at all?
    to loud for us but I'm getting on a bit

The playmini we just got fitted I love it
    Cooper Coupe...