Now tell me should I?

Woz
    Should I clean my car?
    I want to clean my car.
    With a ClayBar, ClayBar, ClayBar.

:)

Just wondered if any of you have used a ClayBar before you wax the car and if so, was it worth the time and effort?

Wul
    Woz - i've never used a claybar - but i did use a clear coat scrub (meguiars) which did the job of removing tar spots, fine scratches etc before i then applied a couple of coats of wax.

I presume this is why you are looking to use a claybar? if you just want to clean off all the old wax - washing the car with fairy liquid (high amount of soap required) should remove any wax residue before you apply a coat of whatever.

There are plenty of threads in MINI2 talking about clay bars - my only advice would be to go easy with it - especially on the bumpers.

BTW - liked the ref to Electric Six :) but wouldn't admit to it! OOPS!

Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

LOL. Yeah, nice one Woz
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Moorf
    Ok, following on from the Claybar theme..!!!!

Check this out... http://www.iqc.co.uk/gaybar.zip

Woz

Woz - i've never used a claybar - but i did use a clear coat scrub (meguiars) which did the job of removing tar spots, fine scratches etc before i then applied a couple of coats of wax.

I presume this is why you are looking to use a claybar? if you just want to clean off all the old wax - washing the car with fairy liquid (high amount of soap required) should remove any wax residue before you apply a coat of whatever.

There are plenty of threads in MINI2 talking about clay bars - my only advice would be to go easy with it - especially on the bumpers.
    Thanks for the info I will have a read on Mini2.

Admit to nothing

Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by Moorf

Ok, following on from the Claybar theme..!!!!
    Check this out... http://www.iqc.co.uk/gaybar.zip
    LOL... Superb!!!
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)