Chrome Exhaust Trim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tony
    Hello

Im off to phone JC and order the cooper exhaust trim.

Its still about 20 notes isnt it?
    and, i take it its a no brainer to fit.

anyone have the part number handy,..as i threw out my parts brochure in a tidying frenzy and JC havent got any new ones in yet...

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I thought you had a Cooper.

If its a ONE then why not just fit a Cooper exhaust:)

There are a few lying about

Wul
    John - there is a different trim available for the Cooper - it is a larger dia and isn't bevelled on the edge like the coopers standard "coke can" trim. If you do a search in the exterior forum on MINI2 you'll find dom or monsta have posted pics of it.

IMHO it is much nicer than the standard one - i did have one on order until Big Brother intervened!:(

Tony - as far as i can remember the standard one requires a torx screw to be loosend to allow removal and the replacement slips on with no fixings - HOWEVER YOU ARE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO PUSH IT ON TOO FAR otherwise the exhasut pipe sticks out!

Tony
    yeah, Wul, thats the one im meaning.

i just cant be DOING with the coke can cooper exhaust. and, with the bigger wheels, i think the 'slightly' bigger exhaust trim will look better. it kinda looks like the tail pipe i had on my magnes box on my XR2i.

anyway, thanks for the tips, im off to buy...

Wul
    link to pics of exhaust trim here:

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13792&perpage=15&displa y=&pagenumber=2

macblob
    Is the replacement exhaust trim available through the john cooper web site, or just by phone?
    If so whats the phone number and how much do they cost.

Think they look ten times better than the one that comes as standard.

Wul
    macblob the trim is available from your dealer - it's £20 (inc VAT) and is part no 82120143376.

i agree re it's looks.

macblob
    cheers wul, it looks like another visit to dunedin for me lol

why cant bmw just fit these nice bits to begin with??

Tony
    Im getting mine at lunch time today,....ive even got my allen key with me,..so I can whip off the old one, and push on the new one.

cannae wait!!

macblob
    Dinnae burn ur hands tony