Would this be covered by warranty?

sh@z
    Just a question I wanna run by you guys and see wat you think..

A few days ago i had some nasty bird s**t on me roof. FINALLY managed to get the damn thing off... it had bloody welded itself to the roof it seemed but got it off eventually. The paint on the roof is now damaged tho, i took it to a local bodyshop (Not BMW one), and they said to me it looked as if the bird s**t had "burned" the paint on the roof, should this be covered by warranty at all.. i would f*kin hope so cos im well pee'd off...

He said they could repspray the whole roof for £150 which is fair enuff, but they cant jus repair the wee bit thats damaged cos it will stick out like a sore thumb.

Anybody have any ideas ?? ill be calling my dealership tomorrow, or should i go straight to bmw customer services??

cheers for any feedback

shaz

sh@z
    Also when i was cleaning the bird s**t off the car ... i could see the laquer around the bloody stuff had been cracked :/...

man this is a nightmare..

coupled with my damaged alloys... hurts me every time i walk by the car :/

(wat that bird had for brekkie i have no damn clue cos it was only on the car for about half a day at most :()

shaz

Moorf
    Well perhaps Customer Services could "de-cloak" and answer that on this forum?!

sh@z
    i might call them tonight ://

i wanna get this resolved STAT

sh@z
    well just got off the phone from customer services... and they said that paintwork on such a recent car will be covered by warranty...

now jus need to call me dealer tomorrow

*sigh of relief*

shaz

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Whatever the bird had it had a friggin lot of it 'cos the feathery little swine flapped himself over to my motor and crapped on my roof an all causing exactly the same damage! As soon as my shotgun licence comes through the little winged acid carrier is gonna pay!!

sh@z
    we could go on a "birdwatching" cruise

minidriver#1
    bird **** is acidic right? plus coupled with that it contains grit. So its a nasty combination. Isnt their an anti corrosion guarantee or something on the body work?

sh@z
    yeah there is...

acidic... grit... direct sunlight cos its like "burned" the paintwork....

ill get me fkin revenge

sh@z
    it machine polished out...

thank god for that..

the guy only wanted a tenner for the work aswell and i was happy to settle it at that..

wicked :)