Rip Off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3GGG
    Ordered some noise cancelling headphones from the USA -

Price $49.99
    Discount $10.00
    Not bad I thought - until shipping $34.95 - OK I'll wear that as its still reasonable

However the UPS bar-stewards then wanted me to pay the customs import VAT at £8.27 and wait for it, £10 for 'brokerage surcharges'.... and they wanted cash and had no change so I had to pay them £18.50

So the $39.99 cans cost me a grand total of $110.86, sheesh

Moral, never ever get anything UPS from abroad (unless your boss is paying).

The Dogfather
    Do they work though?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    My recent iPod purchase was sent via FedEx and they did not request any import or handling tax :)
    so, £371 for the very new 60gig iPod photo

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Do they work though?
    Well I am supposed to wait till xmas to find out....

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

My recent iPod purchase was sent via FedEx and they did not request any import or handling tax :)
    so, £371 for the very new 60gig iPod photo
    I got mine for £0.00!!:I

Fedex can raise a invoice up to 90 days after the goods have came into this Country.
    Cooper Coupe...

3GGG
    Yes they work fine! - Have packed them up again for Santa. - In the past DHL have done similar things, I got something sent to my work, a few months after I left employment there, they forwarded a bill from DHL to me for payment...

I really don't mind paying the VAT, it was the damn handling charge which really annoyed me as it came to more than the VAT.

I'm a bit grumpy (more than usual) today - 'cos I've got a sore throat and cold...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    David, what kind is Santa bringing :question:

3GGG
    MACALLY -
    Details here

I only ordered them because they were inexpensive and on special offer, as it turned out it wasn't such a bargain in the end. What a job to get them out of the blister pack, almost need a chain saw to cut the plastic. They need AAA batteries, have an inline volume control and are white to match an ipod. Come with a storage bag as well.

I have intentions of using them in my 'radio shack' as well, to help cancel some of the blower noise from the RF amplifiers.

quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

David, what kind is Santa bringing :question:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Did you consider the eShure phones :question: