Dont let the missus know, but...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mr P
    Hi Euan,
    Was that you i saw coming out of Eastern on Friday afternoon:question:
    Hows the order coming along:question:

Got my girlfriend drunk on Sat night and managed to convince her that taking an S out for a test drive (hopefully for a weekend) is a good idea.

RSVP

George

euan
    Could very well have been me - I was in for a look at the Z4 and to drop off some paperwork for my S order. What were you in?

Mr P
    You are right on the money ...... wasnt in my Mini but my horrible Ford Focus. Z4 is v nice indeed , was in having a look at it as i was having my tyres changed next door. Im off to test an S at 3pm this afternoon!!
    Just need to see how the figures work out and i may place an order when i get back from me hols .
    Off to Florida on Friday!!

George

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Holidays to Florida! Possibly buying a CooperS and a girlfriend that he can get drunk and manipulate. Some guys have all the luck!

euan
    So, how did you get on with the S???

And, was it Bills EB/W with the R90s on it? It so, what did you reckon to the look as it pretty much exactly how mine will look when I get it (Viper stripe debate aside)

I am seriously toying with the R90s, but can somebody tell me - are they 16 or 17?

Resident old yin.
    Euan - you lucky man.

Are R90 those fancy jobs - multi-spokes with spilt rims that cost ~£2k? Pretty sure they're 17" They look amazing but could be tough to keep clean.

Did Eastern offer you a decent trade in Euan? How long have you got to wait?

You said you're considering the HK, I "think" you need to spec the boost with it so ends up pretty pricey although I hear it's excellent.

On the colour EB is very nice, I really like it but I probably just prefer it with black roof. No offence meant to Linda and Julz of course.

sh@z
    R90's would be a pain i guess with the amount of brake dust that comes of the mini's... :)...

But they do look the part :)

EB is also v nice :)

euan
    Yeah, thats my main issue with the R90s. They look great but will be a NIGHTMARE to keep clean. Mind you, a light coating of wax should make it a bit more bearable.

Ken, I got a good trade in deal (well, as good as you get from a Mini/BMW dealer) but enough to make it worth changing. And I did not order the HK - I drove my Cooper to Yorkshire at the weekend and decided that I did not need anything better.

And the white roof thing - I've said it before, but to my mind, if you have a MINI Cooper, you kind of have to have a white roof.

Mr P
    Well............took the E/B S with the R90s for a two hour thrash down to West Linton and then over the back roads to Peebles:evil:
    Thought the car was superb and quicker in all the places the Cooper is lacking.Only one niggle , the car seems to 'snake' slightly form side to side under heavy braking:( Any other S owners felt this:question: I was pushing the car pretty hard but i dont get this in my Cooper when its pushed just as hard. Thats the only gripe though!
    Bill said i could substitute the 8 Spoke wheels that come with the car for the R90s and i would pay the difference:)
    Yea , they would be a nightmare to clean but this would be more than compensated for by the looks. They look soooooooooo good and would definitely get then on a new car.
    Need to take my car in after i come back from me hols and see how much of a pittance they are prepared to offer me:(
    If its crap i may wait a while or look at a good second hand model. Colour would need to be dark metallic silver with a black roof and bonnet stipes
    Anyone got such an example that they may consider selling:question:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    You will get the snaking effect, it's good fun though

Bonnie Scotland