Dont let the missus know, but...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    euan
    Well, having got the diesel letter I thought I'd pop into the dealer at the weekend and see what it was like. Kind of got side tracked into sitting in an S. Then pricing one. Then driving it again. And remembering why I wanted one so badly last summer.

So I had a quiet call to my broker, and the sums work for buying the car. I posted on the insurance question to see my reply, but ended up getting a quote for only 200 quid more.

I specced it up, what do we think of the following? Any S owners want to comment on what they think is missing or I should consider?

IB/W, with stripes, blue interior
    Chilli Pack
    CD changer (taking it out of mine), leave standard WAVE unit in
    Auto air con
    heated jets and washers
    MFSW
    TLC

Under consideration...
    HK stereo
    Visability pack

What do we all think? Should I do it, or keep the Cooper and consider "tweaking" it?

Julz
    Euan, one of my now biggest regrets (so it's not very big considering how much I love my car) is not getting the full black leather interior! It looks really good with the IB and EB!! As for the viz pack, I've not seen the heated front windae but I don't like how you can see the wee lines in fords!!
    But ib with stripes would look fandabbydozie!!

Mr P
    Euan,
    I am staying away from the dealers for the very same reason!
    Threw my Mini D letter in the bin as i just know if i was anywhere near a dealer i would place an order for an S
    Havent even driven one for the very same reason.
    Must say though i am interested in the numbers of your deal as i know your current car and think it had pretty much the same spec as mine - other than the bonnet stripes.
    Did you get a fair trade in and / or any discount:question:
    Whats the current waiting time:question:

euan
    Figures, I can give you ball parks next week once I have finalised it all at the weekend, but the costs are pretty minimal per month (extra 10-15 a month). Biggest jump is insurance, but I managed to get that down to 549 (instead of 380 on the Cooper). In terms of delivery, I get it in the last week in July, it was possibly ear marked for the showroom but he has given it to me instead. Which I thought was pretty decent of him!

euan
    Well, the deal is done - my S is due for delivery on the 21st July. It's getting built on the 14th July! Went for Electric Blue at the end of the day - always liked it and it's my favourite S colour. Would have done an indi but thought that seeing as I already own an IB/W with stripes, the S should at least try and look a bit different! My current debate is around stripes...As the car will have a white roof will viper stripes work? I've seen some pics on Mini2 of an EB/W with fat viper stripes that I like, but not 100% convinced. If I find the link I'll post it, but what do we think?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    For what it's worth and it usually aint much, i don't think viper stripes would work with a different roof colour than the body, however, have you considered this??
    Change the colours around, so on the body use (for example only, choose any other colour you want) white and then on the roof use the body colour. Now, that in my mind is worth seeing

By the way, i would have went for an IB "S", that colour is awesome

Bonnie Scotland

euan
    Funnily enough, the dealer suggested that. I'm not sure just how it would look, might try and see if anybody else has done it. My concern is the match of the colours, EB is quite a metallic paint if you know what I mean, IB would be easier to match. Also, the last time eastern fitted viper stripes it took them 2 days....I think I'd get killed if I got them to fit them.

And yes, I love IB, and I will miss my IB Cooper, but if I did not get IB I'd regret it.

Woz
    Have you though of having an EB roof as well. Saw a pic of a full EB s the other day and it looked very nice. The viper stripes would not be an issue then.

euan
    Can I just apologise for my horrific use of capitals in this post? I've re-read my last one and keep using IB and I am getting EB...

I thought of getting an EB roof, but to be honest I prefer my Mini to have the different roof colour. It makes it more Mini, if that makes any sense at all.

Linda M
    Nice colour choice Euan As for the stripes, that's up to you :)