New S Auto

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Scottch
    Pinched from mini2

SNIP
    From 1 January 2005, MINI will be available with a number of new options that further increase the opportunity for MINI owners to personalise their cars.

For the first time, MINI Cooper S and MINI Cooper S Convertible will be offered with a six-speed automatic transmission that includes Steptronic mode and Steptronic paddles on the steering wheel as standard. Unlike the MINI One and MINI Cooper Continuously Variable Transmission system, this new automatic transmission has fixed gear rations which result in quicker gear changes and a dynamic driving experience tuned specifically to match the MINI Cooper S' sporty character.

This new automatic transmission also features AGS (Adaptive Transmission Control). AGS allows the transmission to adapt in accordance with the driver's driving style. For example, the transmission will build the revs for longer before changing gear if it "knows" the driver enjoys driving to the car's limits. The automatic transmission is priced at £1,050.

SNIP

Paddles included it seems!

Cheers!

Scott

Mini Me
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    Is it a paddle shift mate:question:
    tis paddle shift Col ,looks like fun.It's mainly for the yank market,but i don't know (from a sales point of view)how popular it will be,and if i go for auto,and no one want's to drive it.................nae money for minime,cos am not allowed one of each(gutted):disapprove::mad:

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    When will you get it??? If you get it in time I'd be tempted if you'll give me a shot...

Mini Me

When will you get it??? If you get it in time I'd be tempted if you'll give me a shot...
    nae probs

Well gerrit dammit! You know time is tight!

Mini Me
    Well gerrit dammit! You know time is tight!
    I might not like it Col,and i can't replace it for 3 MONTHS !!!:dead:

Well suck it and see!!! If I don't like it I'd have it for 4 years!!!!!!!!

Mini Me
    It has been put back from January build to February,so i might not get mine in time, but i know a dealer this is getting one, and i'm sure i could get it for a wee shot
    Sort of puts it out the picture for you though,if you were thinking about it.You better run it past your mum first though,wouldn't wan't you getting into more trouble after today....

Dude any more of that I'm getting her to nag you!!!!

The Dogfather
    Mum? I thought he was a genetic experiment!