Lowering a MO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mgemie
    I'm looking to lower my One by about 30mm and i've a few questions to put to you all....though who art wise is such things

a) is 30mm a sensible lowering amount? Personally, i think -20mm is too little and if i'm going to lowering ma motor i should do at least 30mm. Btw i won't be fitted a bodykit in the future as i've talked about in other threads.

b) I'm looking to get Eibach lowering springs, can anyone recommend a well priced, good source? If anyone can recommend an alternative to Eibach then please do sice i'm not sure of what to go for since they're so many choices

I'm looking to just get a lowering spring kit since i don't want to (and can't afford to ) have any of the more fancier suspension kits...unless someone has a secondhand one going for a good price

Sponsor
    I thought about lowering but then realised how annoying it would be around where I live. Loads of speed bumps and country roads etc.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Eibach are good enough, i had them on my car for well over a year, i got them from Checkpoint in Aberdeen

mgemie
    B.S. - Is there a certain Eibach spring set for the MINI or can i just walk into a decent motorshop and buy standard eibach lowering springs? I'm tempted to buy them off CoolNew since their price seems resonable - can you recommend anywhere else online thats good for these?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    A lot of people have had bad dealings with Cool New, not me personally, you need to speak to Nenah and countles others on MINI2
    Suffice to say they have not had any service from me.
    Go to MiniSpeed great guys and excellent service, yes, you will need dediated Mini springs

mgemie
    Yeah, i've had a few probs with CoolNew in the past so haven't touched them for a while but i was just shopping around and there's was best price to date.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    By the way, join the MINI2 privelege scheme and you'll get 10 per cent off, which is cheaper than buying the springs on their own
    When you order via phone you have to quote your privilege number, then you deal with a guy via e-mail, easy and fast

mgemie
    its a good day today!! my eibach springs arrived in da post!! now i've just got to find someone i'm willing to allow to touch my MINI for fitting... lol

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Good luck, can't you do it yourself

mgemie
    I thought about it B.S. but while i've done all previous mods to my car myself i'm looking to hve this done probperly