Italian Job...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Tony
    Im just gauging response here...

The Italian Job is out (sometime in September, i think),.....and I was messing about with the Idea of having a cruise which finished off outside the UGC Cinema in Aberdeen,..very much like how the americans did when it was released there.

THEN, i considered, what would be even cooler,...and a GREAT OPPORTUNITY for some publicity would have been to try and get the top floor of the Multistorey carpark that the Lighthouse Cinema in ABerdeen uses, and have an Italian Job Inspired photoshoot, maybe with the local press.

Hows about it? 2 months or so after the Cullen Run,...maybe another opportunity too good to be missed??

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I spoke to Matt at JC and he is trying to rent one cinema hall just for mini customers and to have a run somewhere too:)

Woz
    I think Moorf was sounding off the idea as well at the end of the Perthshire cruse although not sure how far she has taken it yet.

She wants to get a whole screen booked at the Dunfermline Odeon (Big multi-screen job off the motorway), a section of the car park roped off just for Minis and then a run after the film when everyone is wanting to jump back in their car for a [s]high speed thrash[/s] slow cruse through the surrounding area.

I will give her a prod and get her to reply to this thread.

Tony
    John, do you reckon that Mat will get round to it.
    Sounds like it would be a laarrffff!

look forward to it.
    ON another note,.....just found i cant go to the Cullen Run, cause ive got a wedding to go too,..BOO!!!
    so, lets hope some'it happens for the Italian Job, and ill MAKE SURE that im free..

Wul
    :disapprove: Wah! I was hoping to make it along to one of the eventual runs that would be inevitably organised to co-incide with the opening of the italian job movie....

But as the opening is on the 5th of September and i'll be on my 'official' honeymoon then, i'm going to miss it :disapprove::disapprove::mad:

Woz
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

:disapprove: Wah! I was hoping to make it along to one of the eventual runs that would be inevitably organised to co-incide with the opening of the italian job movie....

But as the opening is on the 5th of September and i'll be on my 'official' honeymoon then, i'm going to miss it :disapprove::disapprove::mad:
    [s]Why not change the date of your 'official' honeymoon to avoid the clash, its not too late[/s] :blackeye: Sorry to hear that, hope to meet up with you on a run soon.

Linda M
    Dunfermline sounds good to us Woz :)

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Yeh we could be up for the Dunfermline one. Keep us posted.
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Julz
    Dunfermline, Aberdeen, Dundee, Paris, Milan, where ever, I'm no fussy

Monsta Mo Mini
    I'd be up for Dunfermiline but would have to confirm nearer the time.