works induction kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    aimee_s
    ok, its really not my day. just posted up a topic and it didnt even work. earlier i called my mini dealer to order the JCW induction kit. a few hours later he gets back to me saying that they actually dont do the kit for a cooper yet, only an S. the cooper version will be available in the 1st Q of 2005.....i wanted to get the JCW to keep everything nice and BMW etc etc so i dont upset the TLC thing and when (IF) i sell its all proper....but no no no, the JCW website has to confuse everything by saying the kit is available for coopers!!!!:mad:

Sponsor
    That sucks!!!! SO the new cooper tuning kit that minime spoke about must simply be the JCW kit shown on the John Cooper Website...

aimee_s
    yeah, im guessing so! not amused though, whats the point in posting it up when it aint even available! grrr!!!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    I dont think they will sell you the induction kit on its own anyway.

Mini Me
    quote:Originally posted by aimee_s

yeah, im guessing so! not amused though, whats the point in posting it up when it aint even available! grrr!!!
    I did say the new kit wouldn't be available until next year(ducks for cover):)
    Sorry for upsettong you ,but i just like to keep you all informed:disapprove::disapprove:

lightbody
    I got the Works Induction kit for my Cooper before they decided not to sell it on its own. I loved it - it transformed my enjoyment of my last Cooper.

Having said that I've not fitted it to my current one because I dont want to mess with my new car yet but also because it rubbed the underbonnet sound-proofing and left a mess, despite careful fitting. Am thinking of getting a different sort for this one that actually fits properly... not sure yet though. The engine seems to sound 'gruffer' anyway...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Sorry to keep harping on about it, but, the cooper does not lend itself to being tuned :(

Nenah
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Sorry to keep harping on about it, but, the cooper does not lend itself to being tuned :(
    You heard it straight from the owner of a BBR240!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the conversion and it is fully endorsed by BMW, but, pound for pound your getting nowt special.
    Sure you can allow it to breathe better, but it's all at significant cost :evil:
    The cooper should have been the cooper S and the cooper S should have had the works kit as standard

Nenah
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the conversion and it is fully endorsed by BMW, but, pound for pound your getting nowt special.
    Sure you can allow it to breathe better, but it's all at significant cost :evil:
    The cooper should have been the cooper S and the cooper S should have had the works kit as standard
    AHEM to that, BS! :)