Fife Mini Drivers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    J Cee
    Hi Folks I have only a small question to ask? Why do 9 out of every 10 Mini drivers that pass you in Fife not wave, flash their lights or generally do the mini thing. Whats wrong with Fife Mini drivers don't they understand that they are driving the best thing since sliced bread.:mad::mad::mad:

Sponsor
    HAHA J CEE. It is not just Fyfe!!! There are so many people out there who buy the mini because its 'cool' and not because it's a mini. Generally, they don't buy into the waving thing. To be honest, I don't either because you get so many funny looks from mini drivers that dont wave back. I'll flash the lights if I know someone, but thats about it.

minimaster
    I totally agree with that, i waved to people at first but got virtually no responce so i am now one of the ignorant fifers!

3GGG
    I'm afraid I have given up waving and flashing as MINIs are so numerous nowadays - common as muck really - if I'm in the middle of nowhere and meet a MINI I might give a flash of the lights and will respond if I see someone waving at me.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

I'm afraid I have given up waving and flashing as MINIs are so numerous nowadays - common as muck really - if I'm in the middle of nowhere and meet a MINI I might give a flash of the lights and will respond if I see someone waving at me.
    Ditto, I'm afraid :clown:

Kirsty
    Yep I'll third what David said!! I sometimes wave but only if I'm feeling brave (get glares from people who don't know what it is to be a MINI driver) or don't mind feeling silly when I get no response. The only MINI that I regularly got waves from until the evenings got darker was on my way home from work, hitting Crombie at about 5.30pm and getting a wave from a bloke in a silver cooper (i think) Yayyy!!

Tahra
    Yeah same here - you start to feel all subconcious cos theyre not waving back. Espec when you see the same car every day ( red mini, inverkeithing....) Get the fright of your life when someone waves these days.

But if a dirty green Rav waves at you - its me !

J Cee
    In the last 6 weeks I have had a lone Mini from BMW as they made a major boo boo with my new delivery (that's another story). In this time I have done 3000 miles all over Fife. I wave and flash to all Mini drivers as I have Mini fever as well as being daft. So if you see an electric blue Cooper S with body colour roof and black lugs frantically waving and flashing the lights hoping for a response then you can be sure it's me!
    P.S 3RD JANUARY 2005 I will take delivery of my long awaited dark silver cooper s works.

J Cee
    Loan is what I meant but I am sure you all knew that NOT LONE!!!
    (not lone ranger)

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I sometimes have to go to Perth for my work and usually pass an electric blue S between Cupar & Newburgh driven by a woman who always flashes (at both my Cooper and classic mini) - makes you feel there is still hope