UPDATE - Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - etc

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Nenah they look cool. Hope Winnie likes her pressies from Santa!

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Techie type question, how many pots (not the kitchen variety :I) do your brembo's have :question:
    Reason for asking is, if they have 10, then be prepared for contsant bleeding of the system :(
    But, still very very nice

Wul
    Are they stainless steel or teflon non-stick?

Nenah
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Techie type question, how many pots (not the kitchen variety :I) do your brembo's have :question:
    Reason for asking is, if they have 10, then be prepared for contsant bleeding of the system :(
    But, still very very nice
    Yeah, I read about this whilst undertaking my research and I had a conversation with the mechanic before ordering - so we've avoided that mistake - going with 6 pots but thanks for the heads up!

quote:Originally posted by Nenah

Ok, so far guys from your opinions/advice and my resarch these are on the list:

Rims: Either 18" Oz Mons or 18" Technomagnesia F1 Detroit - I agree with you ScottieC, alloys are a very a very personal choice, just wanted some guidance!
    Tyres: Sticking with the Yokos - Only 2 new needed as vought 2 in August
    Brakes: AP racing Calipers kit/red pads
    Suspension: To be decided...red springs tho.
    Color Coding: plastic trims to be sprayed black.

...Winnie will be looking F.I.N.E by Christmas 04.

Well guys, I'm cashed up and ready to go = All I need to know now, is where to buy from!?!?

Saturday is the day - mainly because my front tyres wont stay inflated - that Winnie is getting her new mods fitted :

Tyres: Yoko 539's

Rims: Breyton Magic Racing 18" w/stainless lip

Brakes: Brembo Gran Turismo Brake Kit - red calipers- and slotted rear rotors

Merry Christmas to Meeee - and probably every Christmas for the next decade! :(
    Nenah,

Excellent choice we had these on our Z3. They have a deep dish and look really really good.
    Cooper Coupe...

Nenah
    Thanks Scottie - I owned a Z3 too before I bought my mini. here's hoping they'll look good - so hard to tell before you have them fitted.

Cheers
    Nenah

Nenah,

No need to worry you've made a good choice.

They look really good on.
    Cooper Coupe...

Nenah
    Cheers for the reassurance - went with the s/steel lip which should stop me bashing this set square - like my current ones!

Cheers for the reassurance - went with the s/steel lip which should stop me bashing this set square - like my current ones!
    Cooper Coupe...

Looking good Nenah :) - aint going to recognise your car by the time I get back. Definitely like your wheel choice