UPDATE - Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - etc

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sponsor
    THE LINK:

http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/snitzforums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2151

Sleepy, you found em!!!!

I believe Leccy - the guy doing the group buy bought a few extra sets with then intention of selling them on because we needed to get the numbers up to even get them made. Also west tuning and a few other big companies bought them to sell on as well.

The wheels have finally arrived in the UK and I should be getting mine next week :)

If you like them Nenah it might be worth posting in the thread on Mini2 to see what the availability is. The only worry I have about them is that originally only 4 sets were made - of which the one set that was in private hands has just been trashed in an accident (check out Tony*T3's thead on Mini2), on top of that we have had 40 odd sets made for the group buy - which means they are quite rare, and if you trash one you could be stuffed.

The Dogfather
    Wouldn't mind a set of them myself, shame as there's no way I'd get that past Jackie!

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by Nenah

MMMMMM...I LIKEEE!! Are these the ones Martin group-ordered?

Coz they says OZ !!!!!!!

X30YES
    quote:Originally posted by Nenah

Hi Folks

Warning: Useless non-technical female questions to follow:

Its time to get a whole new set of rims and tyres, suspension and discs/pads fitted (I can hear my bank manager going into cardiac arrest somewhere...!) - something a little bling - but I'm a little new to these technicalities/bits and bobs.8)

I've read all the threads on Run Flats v Non-RF arguements - so I'm sticking with the Yoko's which I currently have in situ (with the goop).

So your opinion/advice on what is THE best, referrals for fitting (non-dealer preferred), current good deals you may know about - and most importantly, what would look the bloody ants pants on my Black MSC BBR - would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!

Nenah :)

PS: I'm getting the plastic arches sprayed in 2 weeks time...wheyhey!!
    White ...

The Dogfather
    quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

MMMMM! Nice :evil:

Nenah, have a look at the After market wheel gallery - might give you some ideas for some cool rims for Winnie. Bonnie Scotlands car even gets a snapshot

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Whew, what a lot of cleaning up posts :evil:

Anyway, Nenah, the AP Racing big brake conversion is possibly the cheapest one there is whilst maintaining sooperb stopping ability, i also think the red would look pretty good.

As for suspension, go for the Spax coil overs, fully adjustable height and damping, a bit of a pain to set up, but, they are excellent :approve:

<---AP Racing definitely the way to go , will look cool against your car

You can get the AP Kit from MiniSport AP Racing Kit.

If you are spending that much money it may be worth joining the Privilege Scheme over on Mini2 and buying from suppliers that are involved in it

I have bought the fully adjustable Spax coilovers - the same as Bonnie, just not had chance to fit them yet. Have always had them on my classics though, definitely the way to go

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I joined the MINI2 privelege scheme and got a very nice £50 saving on the coil overs, take away the £10 joining fee i saved £40
    If you are considering all the mods then you should sign up and take the benefit