UPDATE - Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - etc

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Nenah
    Hi Folks

Warning: Useless non-technical female questions to follow:

Its time to get a whole new set of rims and tyres, suspension and discs/pads fitted (I can hear my bank manager going into cardiac arrest somewhere...!) - something a little bling - but I'm a little new to these technicalities/bits and bobs.8)

I've read all the threads on Run Flats v Non-RF arguements - so I'm sticking with the Yoko's which I currently have in situ (with the goop).

So your opinion/advice on what is THE best, referrals for fitting (non-dealer preferred), current good deals you may know about - and most importantly, what would look the bloody ants pants on my Black MSC BBR - would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!

Nenah :)

PS: I'm getting the plastic arches sprayed in 2 weeks time...wheyhey!!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I'm slightly biased towards the Technomagnesia F1 Detroit

What else are you thinking of upgrading?? Brakes and Suspension

Sponsor
    very nice bs. Also nice is the OZ range and the wheels which Martin S highlighted the other day!

I cant find the thred, dam! Martin wil know where it is. Its the wheels which were being bouth in bulk through mini 2. Q martin..

The Dogfather
    I quite like Kinghorns wheels.

You'll need a trip out to Turriff to look at the Turriff Tyre showroom, they're only open during the week and Saturday mornings though. What you doing with the other sets you've got?

Nenah
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

I'm slightly biased towards the Technomagnesia F1 Detroit

What else are you thinking of upgrading?? Brakes and Suspension
    Yeah, I like your alloys - similar to what I have at the moment (obviouly without scraes and dents!) What brand is your brake conversion - I think the red pads would look schmick on my black S.

Suspension needs upgrading too. Suggestions?

Nenah
    quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

I quite like Kinghorns wheels.

You'll need a trip out to Turriff to look at the Turriff Tyre showroom, they're only open during the week and Saturday mornings though. What you doing with the other sets you've got?

John suggested I check them out too - he's made a few enquiries for my winter wheels - so I'll make some time to get up there next week and see whats on offer in the showroom, as I'm told its cheaper to get alloys AND tyres together. Thanks!

Sponsor
    Wouldn't chrome 18's look the dogs bits on a BBR!! Although I have been told in the past to avoid chrome for 2 reasons..
    • *Its apparently tacky (i dont think so)
      *Because of all our wet weather, they are not very durable and look worn quickly
      *Because it makes me envious!!

Ok so thats 3 reasons...

I wanted to get big bad charcoal alloys but when i tried it in photoshop it didn't suit my car colour. It would look :mad:MEAN:mad: with a black car though!!!!!!

Nenah
    quote:Originally Posted by sleepyrascal
    I wanted to get big bad charcoal alloys but when i tried it in photoshop it didn't suit my car colour. It would look :mad:MEAN:mad: with a black car though!!!!!!

MMMMMM...I LIKEEE!! Are these the ones Martin group-ordered?

Sponsor
    NO. I cant remember the name of the ones from MINI2. I'll have a look now..

Sponsor
    FOUND THEM