New Tyres to replace my 17" Runflats

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

tried to sell me Goodyear F1s at £99 a tyre - no thanks!
    I've got these. They are amazing! Treat the wee beastie!!

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

tried to sell me Goodyear F1s at £99 a tyre - no thanks!
    I've got these. They are amazing! Treat the wee beastie!!
    I know you do- but they are too easily kerbed I hear :):evil:

I don't think I can justify that cost right now unfortunately especially as I would really want 4 even though only 2 tyres are worn at this time.

Anyone any opinions on Falken ZE512's - Blackcircles have them in my size at £72.49 fitted.

Wul
    David - which Hi-Q was it you called - i'm getting mines from the one in Sighthill (Edinburgh) - called the dude on Friday to order them up - he said they'd be in on Monday - Friday afternoon got a call to say the tyres had arrived! Now that's service - cannae go and get them fitted till Saturday tho!

If you wanna try them out their number is 0131 442 1211 and ask for Damien. :)

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

David - which Hi-Q was it you called - i'm getting mines from the one in Sighthill (Edinburgh) - called the dude on Friday to order them up - he said they'd be in on Monday - Friday afternoon got a call to say the tyres had arrived! Now that's service - cannae go and get them fitted till Saturday tho!

If you wanna try them out their number is 0131 442 1211 and ask for Damien. :)
    It was the place in Leven, I'm calling them back today as the guy who I really want to speak to is back from his holidays today. What tyres did you end up getting? - It does seem that 16" tyres are harder to find at a good deal. I may end up ordering from Blackcircles as their fitting inclusive price is the best so far.

Wul
    David - getting the Yoko A539's in 205/40/17 - 2 for £141 fitted.

Have you had a look here to see if there's a better fitment with a wider range?

3GGG
    Thanks Wul, Yes I had seen the M2 FAQ. I'm looking for 205/50 R16.

Q: You only replaced 2 tyres, are you putting the new ones on the front or the rear?

David - getting the Yoko A539's in 205/40/17 - 2 for £141 fitted.

Have you had a look here to see if there's a better fitment with a wider range?

Wul
    Ah ha - the question that's been going round my head for the last few days too! keep the grippier rubber on the front or switch to back?

my decision was to keep the good rubber to the front as 90% of the time the front end goes rather than the rear. :I

3GGG

Ah ha - the question that's been going round my head for the last few days too! keep the grippier rubber on the front or switch to back?

my decision was to keep the good rubber to the front as 90% of the time the front end goes rather than the rear. :I
    Ok, I just remember driving my first car, an Austin 1100 LOL, I foolishly fitted Town and Country Mud and Snow tyres on the front and left the original crossplies on the rear and first roundabout I came to in the snow I did a 180.

I'm actually toying with just replacing all 4 tyres if the price is right.

Good luck!

Resident old yin.

Good question this. I know Costco INSIST on putting new tyres on the rear. I think the reason for this is that you are more aware with what is going on with the fronts and if the rears slip it is harder to correct.

3GGG
    Just to confirm that the tyre places are all a bunch of sharks - I phoned the place in Leven again and asked the owner this time for prices, he is a friend of a friend and his price for Goodyear F1s has gone from the quoted £99 (by an employee last week) to £110 today. As usual they rubbish any make of tyre they don't have in stock - e.g. Falken, Yokohama. Can give me prices for unknown makes of tyres that he has in the back somewhere...