Yokos for £96.40
    Budget tyre for £66.40

Newlife Tyres
    Hankook 104 for £78.90
    Toyos for £108.90

McConechy's/HiQ
    Hankook 102 for £74.38
    Hankook 498? for £80.93
    Yoko A539 for £71 - COULD BE A WINNER :)

National
    Nankan for £72
    Avon ZZ3 for £90

Kwik-[s]sh[/s]fit
    Pirelli GT for £83.90

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Wul, i had a very bad experience with mytyres and will never use them again or advise anyone to use them
    McConechy's easily matched the mytyre price without knowing their price
    Guess who i'll be using in the future

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Ok guys - wee update for those of you interested! all based on 205/40 17's

McConechy's/HiQ
    Hankook 102 for £74.38
    Hankook 498? for £80.93
    Yoko A539 for £71 - COULD BE A WINNER :)
    You're right there!! I could be very interested too!!
    There's one just on my way home too!!
    (and I know one of the guys that works there from Classic Mini exploits...)

The only real reason I was gonna go with the Nankangs was that they were only £49 from Mytyres (but then I'd still have to get them fitted), but on the other hand... I've always loved Yokos, and had them on all but one of my Classics...

If the McConnechy's in Dundee can match that price... I think I'll be going for some Yummy Yokos!!!

p.s... I take it that price is for them fitted?

Wul
    LnL - all prices fitted, valves etc. :) yup the yoko's are winners for me too - need to call the dude back this alvo to order them up.

Bonnie - the mytyres thing sounds a PITA when you think you've got to arrange a delivery then take them to get fitted - much easier driving in, handing them the keys, having a coffee, flashing the plastic then driving off again - job done :)

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I'm a bit late in arriving at this thread :I but like Julz I had Nankangs on the front of my XR2 and never again:dead: They are p**h:mad: The rubber (if you can call it that) is sooooooooooooo hard that its more like plastic:evil: I had them on for 2 weeks then got rid of them:approve: and bought Yokahama A539's:approve: Now that's a tyre
    Had a similar problem on the Mondeeho but with Dunlop Sports:blackeye: which I found to be hopeless in the wet. I spun the Mondy early on Sunday morning coming off the M73 where Glasgow zoo used to be. A full 360:blackeye: The scarry bit was that the ramp in question is 3 roads upwhich is a bit of a drop :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Heh. I remember you done that a day or so after I done it in my ol' Corolla. It's a bit scary facing the wrong way down the motorway on a flyover with smoke pouring off your tyres. Woulda looked well cool from the outside though.

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I'd recommend the Yokahama A539's as well as I have them on my 16s (205/50 x 16) and the grip is amazing.

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by Duncan Stewart

I'd recommend the Yokahama A539's as well as I have them on my 16s (205/50 x 16) and the grip is amazing.
    That's good to know Duncan, I'm about to have to change my 16" front runflats (13K miles). Will probably do all four, where did you get your Yoko's?

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I got 4 from Mini Spares as part of the alloys & wheels package but then had to buy another due to a sidewall damage(after an argument with a pothole!:() which I got from "Mytyres" website - used them several times with no problems. I'm not currently using the wheels due to the harsh ride (rough roads in North East Fife), rear wheels rubbing (7" wide and ? offset) and one wheel damaged (soft alloy!). I've been thinking of buying Genuine BMW 16" alloys & trying the tyres on these so I'd be interested about how you get on. Also thinking of trying 195/60 by 15" tyres to increase grip but retain a decent sidewall height.

3GGG
    Thanks Duncan, hopefully I won't have similar problems with the standard 16" 5 star alloys. I just phoned a Hi-Q place and they don't deal in Yokos so they said ( a 'budget tyre'), tried to sell me Goodyear F1s at £99 a tyre - no thanks!

I hate dealing with motor trade - they make up stories all the time - trying to tell me 16" tyres are dearer than 17" tyres when I quoted some of the prices from this thread.

More phoning around I guess.

I am reluctant to go the mytyres route based on other's recent experiences with them.