New Tyres to replace my 17" Runflats

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Wul
    OK -so i've read Julz thread and read loads on MINI2 aswell.

my front 17" run-flats will soon need replaced and i'm gonna go for normal rubber - as it's a working car i need a reasonable lifespan from my tyre - given my front runflats have only lasted 9500 miles!!

So what's the opinions on here guys? thinking of Yoko A539's or Falken 512's but not too sure really :question:

seany
    my first set of run flats lasted me 14000 miles but my seconed set lasted me much less when i asked at my local dealer they said it was to do with the preasure in my tyres like you iuse my car for work and thought about puting normal tyres on but was not sure my only concern is not having a spare if i change to normal tyres.(una)

The Dogfather
    I've got Federals, good performance, cheap and I think they last quite well.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

OK -so i've read Julz thread and read loads on MINI2 aswell.

my front 17" run-flats will soon need replaced and i'm gonna go for normal rubber - as it's a working car i need a reasonable lifespan from my tyre - given my front runflats have only lasted 9500 miles!!

So what's the opinions on here guys? thinking of Yoko A539's or Falken 512's but not too sure really :question:
    9500?!?!?!?!?! Mine have lasted 26,000!!!
    (time for some new ones tho.)

Yokos are always good, but I think the Falkens will last longer..
    I was sort of considering the Nankang NS-2 215 or 205/45 R17 87V, since they're only about £55 each from http://www.mytyres.co.uk... I know Zimbo has these on his 18s.. and hasn't had any bother with them.
    there's also Hankook VENTUS SPORT K104 in the same sizes for about £64 each.. anyone any experience of these??

Wul
    Yeh - 9500 but then that what happens when you can't help switching off the ASC+T :I mid corner power drifts are a buzz

Una - cheers for that - i know what you mean but i've got tyresafe/ultraseal in me tyres and confident it will do the trick in normal tyres too.

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by low_n_loud1

9500?!?!?!?!?! Mine have lasted 26,000!!!
    (time for some new ones tho.)
    C'mon now ewan - surely you drive a bit more spirited than an old granny now!?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Wul,

like you the run flats in Jude's mini were needing replaced (after 16,000 miles - I don't believe lnl with his 26,000....) I looked at buying new tyres. Ended up buying new wheels and tyres, so that I can take then to the next mini and put the originals back on. The tyres the garage put on where Falken and they have made such a difference. I don't want to start the "Runflats effect your car's handling and your comfort", BUT THEY DO!

Since we changed the wheels and tyres, the turn in is better, parking is so much easier and the ride is much less crashy ( I can get out after a longish run and not have a sore back now). It has transformed the car. Falkens would get my vote (however only having had them, can't comment on the others).

The Dogfather
    Nah, he's still driving miss daisy!

I need a new set of rubber, What happens when you get a flat ? no spare ect.....
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Nah, he's still driving miss daisy!
    I think even Miss Daisy chucked it and got out and walked.