How many Macintosh users have we?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    duncan
    quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

Apple have the trademarked the letter "i" don't you know

It started with iMac (i for Internet I think). It has now been applied to all of Apple's 'Digital Life' products like the applications iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, iPhoto ... you name it. Just a clever brand identity plan.:)
    I thought was I for Intelligent, but if Peugeot can trademark "0" in the car names, anything is possible!

Linda M
    OHHHHH, darn I just saw this thread. I'm still a bit slow after the weekend :sleepy: Anyway, as you all know I DO NOT have a MAC because my husband won't let me AND he didn't tell me about this thread :mad::evil::mad: But seeing as they don't make them in Daisy's colour anymore I don't care :clown:

Linda M
    By the way husband, your I-POD thingy came today. Give me the good old fashioned pen and paper

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by Linda M

By the way husband, your I-POD thingy came today. Give me the good old fashioned pen and paper
    Its an MP3 music player Linda - though it can also be used as sort of an electronic database of names and addresses. You will love it.

Quick hide it in Daisy before he gets home!:clown:

macblob
    Mac user here

Linda just go buy a mac, u wont regret it.
    Willie wont mind im sure lol.

Im running an original shape , graphite imac , with a 120gb hard drive and 384mb ram , and osx jaguar.

Also use macs for my job, working in a printers digital prepress dept

GAJ
    In fact I am sure Willie would find a Mac very handy for ripping his CD's and organising his mp3s. The iTunes integration with the iPod is amazing!!

I'm not sure how it works on windaes.:evil:

Apple now do iMacs which match Daisy's white bits you know!:I

Linda M
    GAJ, you're 'teasing' me !!!!!!!

Linda M

Its an MP3 music player Linda - though it can also be used as sort of an electronic database of names and addresses. You will love it.
    David, I have NO idea what an MP3 player is and I'm not kidding ! Willie is 'such' an electronic gizmo freak but he never takes the time to explain what all the stuff he buys is :( I can surf the net and use forums, but that's it :I

3GGG
    Right Linda here goes: Its a portable music player (battery powered) - it can store thousands of tunes so you can have all of your favourite albums with you. You can take your Music CDs and convert them on your computer to this compressed format called MP3, then they can be transferred to the MP3 player from the computer.

Normally you have to plug in headphones to listen to the MP3 Player, but it is also possible to play it through your car's audio system and I guess that is what Willie plans to do eventually.

Thought it would be right up your street being into music and concerts as we know.

quote:Originally posted by Linda M

David, I have NO idea what an MP3 player is and I'm not kidding ! Willie is 'such' an electronic gizmo freak but he never takes the time to explain what all the stuff he buys is :( I can surf the net and use forums, but that's it :I

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ

Another Mac user here! A s****y Quicksilver G4 running OS X with a 17" Apple flat screen and iSticks and iSub.
    I love it!
    I've got an iPod too and I ordered an iTrip from Griffin ages ago but I'm still waiting for it to arrive! It will probably be crap anyway. I might have to fit a bigger aerial on to the car to get decent reception! It cost me $94.99 for a Powerpod car adapter and the iTrip which includes $40 for the shipping

I am quite clearly off my rocker:clown:

It looks though!
    GAJ, I got a shot of my mate's iPod and iTrip tonight - superb

Great to be able to listen to the MP3 through the MINI stereo. I tuned it to 97.3 and it worked fine. My mate was driving behind me and could also pick up the signal in his car