3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by Woz

quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

quote:Originally posted by Moorf

LOL Mac is a swear word in this house

So I can take you as a 'Yes' then:question:
    No Moorf and I are PC people
    So why the swearing:question:

Is it - I wish I'd got a bl**dy Mac instead of this PC?

Woz
    quote:Originally posted by Woz

quote:Originally posted by Moorf

LOL Mac is a swear word in this house

So I can take you as a 'Yes' then:question:
    No Moorf and I are PC people
    So why the swearing:question:

Is it - I wish I'd got a bl**dy Mac instead of this PC?
    Im a Windows based software/web developer, hence my view on Macs :mad: (Ducks and runs for cover )

They are good machines but I think their un-willingness to allow others to build hardware keeps the machines price inflated above their real value coupled with their low usage rate makes them a costly pain to support for developers, hence I don't.

OS X looks interesting but that is really just Linux with a different GUI.

3GGG
    Hi Woz, I'm a Mac & Windows developer - though I write all the Windows stuff on my Mac as well.
    Anyway, didn't mean this to turn into a which is best, because everyone has strong opinions one way or the other, just idle curiousity and I think Calum has answered my question with the 30-35% figure, which is very high by normal standards for some reason.

Woz

Hi Woz, I'm a Mac & Windows developer - though I write all the Windows stuff on my Mac as well.
    Anyway, didn't mean this to turn into a which is best, because everyone has strong opinions one way or the other, just idle curiousity and I think Calum has answered my question with the 30-35% figure, which is very high by normal standards for some reason.
    Yep, I was trying to avoid getting drawn in to a flame war on that subject as it always gets out of hand. Hope it came across that way :)

30% is very high IMHO, the industry stats are normally about

Windows 93%, Mac 2%, Other 5% (Includes Linux + other)

This means that a large number of Mini owners use Macs or you and Calum spend all day checking if there are any new posts on the site

GAJ
    Another Mac user here! A s****y Quicksilver G4 running OS X with a 17" Apple flat screen and iSticks and iSub.
    I love it!
    I've got an iPod too and I ordered an iTrip from Griffin ages ago but I'm still waiting for it to arrive! It will probably be crap anyway. I might have to fit a bigger aerial on to the car to get decent reception! It cost me $94.99 for a Powerpod car adapter and the iTrip which includes $40 for the shipping

I am quite clearly off my rocker:clown:

It looks though!

Sponsor & Jakey
    Yeah... BUT I can play 'Chuckie Egg' on my ZX Spectrum

Still waiting on my I-pod to arrive. Thanks for the link to the FM I-trip thingy 3GGG, I'll check that out :approve:
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Julz
    Why does everything Mac related appear to start with an 'i':question::question: I bought a dell a few months ago, which would be fine if we had Broadband, but we're still working on plastic cups and a piece of string!!

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

Why does everything Mac related appear to start with an 'i':question::question: I bought a dell a few months ago, which would be fine if we had Broadband, but we're still working on plastic cups and a piece of string!!
    Apple have the trademarked the letter "i" don't you know

It started with iMac (i for Internet I think). It has now been applied to all of Apple's 'Digital Life' products like the applications iTunes, iMovie, iDVD, iPhoto ... you name it. Just a clever brand identity plan.:)

Hope you get broadband soon up your way Julz.

Julz
    Hope you get broadband soon up your way Julz.
    So do I!!:) Electricity would be nice too (we're still on paraffin), especially for Rob, considering he'd a sparky!!