How many Macintosh users have we?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by tribalmini

I have now defected from the fold of "windaes" and moved over to the white side. Now have a very shiny custom built G4 iBook with built in bluetooth and airport extreme. Its very nice!! (when I get to use it!):)
    Welcome :approve:

The Dogfather
    The Apples are better but they'll never be mainstream.

I specced PC for our office but could have gone for Macs but if they hadn't worked I'd would have been in the Doo Doo. So took the 'normal' MS office/PC route.

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

The Apples are better but they'll never be mainstream.

I specced PC for our office but could have gone for Macs but if they hadn't worked I'd would have been in the Doo Doo. So took the 'normal' MS office/PC route.

I'm afraid you are right - "No-one ever for sacked for buying Window$" prevails in many places.

Car
    R56 MCS
    Well, to add to the joy of the iBook I now have my Wi-Fi network setup, surfing on the couch......nice! (Technical bits undertaken by GAJ!)

X30YES
    Ah ...she's back .....I have Wi-Fi on my laptop, can it also be Technically undertaken????

Car
    R56 MCS
    quote:Originally posted by X30YES

Ah ...she's back .....I have Wi-Fi on my laptop, can it also be Technically undertaken????
    Angus, the iBook is a laptop. Dont know that much about it 3GGG or GAJ would be best to ask. Its great

X30YES
    Brilliant machine as well H, my neighbour has one and keeps trying to convert me to it ,alas I bought the 'windows/office' Toshiba with Wi-Fi when in the US and still have the miles of cable from the telephone point (dial up)!!!!,there must be a wee box or something that will do the trick .

The Dogfather
    Angus - I've got the WiFi Tosh also. I've just installed a wireless broadband set up it's really easy. Just get your phone line converted to Broadband then buy a combo DSL modem/router/access point plug in connect and you're away. It's that easy!

If you've not got broadband or don't want it you can get a bluetooth modem, will probably cost the same as the BB set up though.

Mini Me
    Me lost ???????? WIFI,TOSH,DSL.......wot the ?
    I'll stick to selling MINI'S ,anyone looking to change buy the way ?
    Some nice xmas prezzies in stock.

X30YES
    No Broadband...never here to justify the cost as I'm offhore half the year ...but getting a wee bit hissed of at slow slow connections when home .Will look out for a Bluetooth modem then .Thanx