Gathering 12/12 - Menu details- Who wants food?

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    The Dogfather
    I have been advised that Pitlochry is very busy on Sunday effectively becoming a Brigadoon Theme Park so the gathering will take place at Blair Atholl, just up the road from Pitlochry.

The Bothy Bar at the Atholl Arms Hotel is the planned meeting place as there's plenty of parking at the hotel and a couple of people have said the food is alright. I've given them a call to warn them that we're coming and said some people might want food, they'll be putting on extra staff!

People should plan to arrive between 12.30 and 1.00. I'm not sure how geared up for serving food to a big group so be prepared to be patient!

See location maps below showing the hotel's location in Blair Atholl and Blair Atholl in relation to Pitlochry.

Duncan (Stewart) is organising the run from Stirling which will take in a route through the hills. The Meeting point is Stirling Services at 10:30am.

I'm organising a run from Aberdeen details posted here

The list

• *Me - Aberdeen Run - Food *Julz + 1 - Food *Bonnie Scotland - Food*Allan - Food *Fiona - Food *Duncan Stewart + 1 - Stirling Run - Food *Craigd + 1 - Stirling Run - Food *Nenah + 1 - Aberdeen Run - Food *Shoppie - Food *X30YES + 1 - Stirling Run - Food *John - Aberdeen Run - Food *J Cee + 1 *Macblob (non mini) - Food *Weefossy + 1 Stirling - Food *Crombers - Stirling Run *Checkgirl + 1 - Food *Mini Martyn - Stirling Run *G2 +1 Food

*Kirsty - Stirling Run - Food *ELFMAN + 1 - Stirling Run - Food *Steph - Food *Weefossy JR + 1 Stirling Run, Food *Scotch + 1 - Stirling Run, Food *Sheilz + 1 - Aberdeen Run, Food *LnL + Flick - Food *Tribalmini and GAJ - Food *Smiler - Food *KJ Innit - Food

Can anyone who's put themselves down as a maybe confirm one way or another! Thanks!

The menu

Fish and Chips £6.95 - Haddock in Beer Batter with Chips and Peas

Sporan of Plenty £7.95 - 6oz Sirlion stuffed with haggis and smothered in gravy

Mince and Tatties £5.95 - Home cooked mince served with mash and veg.

Highland Pork and Paprika Casserole £6.95 - Served with herbie dumplings and pots and veg

Steak and Ale pie £6.50 - Beer gravy and light pastry top

Angus Steak - £11.95 - Mushrooms, Onions, Tomatos and Chips

Cock and Bull £8.95 - Chicken and Beef pan fried with a highland mustard cream, rice and veg.

Deep fried Chicken - £8.95 - Chicken Breast deep fried served with chips and salad

Lamb Shank £7.95 - With port and rosemary gravy served with mash and veg.

Grilled Salmon £7.25

Scotsman's Bonnet £6.75

Sausage and Mash £5.95

Haggis, neeps and Tatties

Game Casserole

Seafood Pasta

Tay Salmon Fish cakes

Leek and Courgette Pasta v.

Mushroom Crepe

Baked Peppers

Spicy Veg Pithiver

Full Kids Menu available!

More details to follow later!!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    now that's what I call forward planning - organising a meet 13 months in advance!!

Sponsor
    A meal for that many people just before Xmas may NEED to be booked 13 months in advance!

The Dogfather
    Corrected the date! Must remember to read what I type afterwards....

Can't see it being that busy in Pitlochry, but we could just meet up for a drink!

quote:Originally posted by bad dog mini

Can't see it being that busy in Pitlochry, but we could just meet up for a drink!
    I'd be up for that.
    Cooper Coupe...

Julz

Trust me, it will be!! We should be able to make it seeing as it's only 25 minutes up the road!!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Saturday's are no good for me :(

The Dogfather
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

Saturday's are no good for me :(
    What about the Sunday then?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    What about the Sunday then?
    Sunday's are good for me :) count me in

Car
    Mini Cooper
    Sounds good to me but can we include a little run as well? How about going out to Rannoch Station on Rannoch moor - its a great run via the B8019 by Loch Tummel & B846 by Loch Rannoch (36 miles) - no need for route directions or recce - just a nice little blast out into the countryside.