Gear nob removal

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AberdeenMini
    quote:Originally posted by MartinSullivan

quote:Originally posted by AberdeenMini
    Nice are you selling like?

I was after a momo one from Hallfords.
    Not selling mine, its one of the best mods on my car. You can order them from the site and have any engraving you want on it. If you look on Mini2 there are heaps of threads showing pics of peoples [s]knobs[/s] whalens

For example Whalen Pics
    Very nice but i dont think id spend that on a new [s]knob[/s] em i mean whalen. Planning on spending aboot 40 squid or thereabouts.

A wee tip but you'll know this already.

Once original gear knob is removed take off the gater thing just clips out from the bottom. Put rubber band over gear stick put gater back on (hard to explain) twist rubber band around gater from inside fold back over and refit. You will be left with a gater that fits snug under your new knob.
    Cooper Coupe...

quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

As Martin says, be careful you don't hit yourself in the face with your own knob :I
    Happens to the best of us
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

Steve

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=36679&item=7933149 213&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Nice MINI logo on the top as well.

Starky
    Anybody see the article in Sept.'s edition of BMW mag., it was from www.rogueengineering.com basically it said anything over 8oz in weight causes excess wear, The Whalen is 18oz's if I remember correctly, I don't know if there's any substance to this or not but the Whalen's a nice piece of engineering and I'm keeping it on.

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Hmmm. That'll be what was an originally not very funny joke totally done to death then? Big G must be so pleased his 15 year old daughter is a member of this site.

Julz
    Totally agree Big C!! Can you folks maybe tone it down a bit, I know it's all very humourous (and has been for the past 3000 times this sort of question has been asked) but please remember that this site is also frequented by younger folks!!:disapprove:

<lives up to stroppy title!!>:sleepy:

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Just rummaged through a few previous posts on the off topic thread where loads of inuendo exist already :blackeye: no questions raised

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    Well obviously I'm not a mod and as a result am not responsible for ensuring the site content is suitable for all visitors. I was just voicing an opinion.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    I was just voicing an opinion.
    If you find the topic inappropriate just let me know and i'll remove it :) since i am a mod with super human powers