Advice needed on Chip Tuning Box, Should I or Not?

Car
    Mini Cooper Convertible
    I am thinking on buying this from EBay for my F57 1.5 to help with fuel economy and maybe add a few BHP. On the internet as usual you get the good & the bad, thought I would ask you guys on your views as Minis is our thing!!

Chip Tuning Box for MINI Cabriolet F57 Cooper 136 HP Power Boost Petrol GS2:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/354527454110

Car
    F56 GP
    I can't really comment on the eBay one you've posted however the saying usually goes "buy cheap buy twice" and the one on eBay looks a bit fake to be honest.

Not sure how you'd adjust a programming chip with a turn screw?

If you're after a tuning chip then quite a few people (myself included) have used a JB4 over the years with decent results.

This listing does mention the B38 but it would be worth emailing Burger Tuning to get the exact product for your engine.

It's more expensive but it's the real deal.

https://burgertuning.com/products/mini-b38-b48-jb4
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Not sure of an E bay special as Ali has said JB4 are good and you can upgrade and use your phone although never as good as a remap
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    Mini Cooper Convertible
    I have decided against as when looked at Insurance no mods like that are allowed and to be honest how much more power can a wee 1.5 get without ringing its little neck, I will just enjoy what I have. Its not really slow anyways, its perky!!

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve666 View Post
    I have decided against as when looked at Insurance no mods like that are allowed and to be honest how much more power can a wee 1.5 get without ringing its little neck, I will just enjoy what I have. It’s not really slow anyways, it’s perky!!
    At least you have made your mind up which is good ,with a remap the 1.5 turns out circa 200 bhp which is not far off a JCW which makes it a nippy little thing and is also the engine used in the i8

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by badwolf340 View Post
    At least you have made your mind up which is good ,with a remap the 1.5 turns out circa 200 bhp which is not far off a JCW which makes it a nippy little thing and is also the engine used in the i8
    200 bhp ......... wowza

Stealth car or what!! Impressive stuff

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    200 bhp ......... wowza

Stealth car or what!! Impressive stuff
    Indeed

Car
    Mini Cooper Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by badwolf340 View Post
    Its tempting having 200BHP however being a convertible its about toddling along catching the rays! I dont know what I was thinking considering that box as agree with all to say what can twisting a dial do?