NMS Perthshire Adventure Sunday 4th June 2023

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Car
    Cooper S Convertible
    Sign me up!
    Got the car back a few weeks ago with the fully reconditioned engine and is running beautifully.

Have followed the running in guidance so looking forward to stretching it's legs properly!

Niall
    56' MINI Cooper S Convertible - Astro Black, 17" R98 Alloys, Cordoba Beige interior with heated seats, Chromed Scoop and Mirror Caps, Chili Pack, MFSW with Cruise Control, "Red" LED Union Jack Rear Lights and Parrott MKi9000 (fitted by me!) 2023 - Full Engine Rebuild

Car
    Mini Cooper Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Track Ali View Post
    Hi folks, we're planning another run for Sunday the 4th of June.

The plan is to meet and start at Broxden Services in Perth before taking the scenic route through to Braemar Castle and the town of Braemar where we'll stop for lunch before enjoying some more twisting and exciting roads in the afternoon.

Our lunch stop will be at the Braemar Highland Games Centre which has been kindly organised by Jim and Liz.

After lunch we'll jump back in our MINIs and take the A924 across towards Aberfeldy before dropping down towards Crieff and our final destination of Crieff Visitor Centre. Here's hoping there's a few scones left by the time we arrive.

As we've still to finalise the run layout, our start time and total run distance are still TBC.

Start Time: 10am for a 10:30am start
    Start Location: Broxden Services, 2 Broxden Ave, Perth PH2 0PX

Expected Arrival at Lunch Stop: 12:30pm
    Lunch Location: Braemar Highland Games Centre.

End Time: Crieff Visitor Centre, Muthill Rd, Crieff PH7 4HQ
    End Location: 4pm

Attachment 9389

Run Distance: 130 miles

MINI Runners:

1. Ali & Arwen
    2. Dave & Barb
    3. Andrew
    4. William & Megan
    5. Brian & Christina
    6. Liz & Jim (lunch only)
    7. Charlie
    8. Steve (confirm)
    9. Niall
    So sorry however I will be working so unable to attend. Have fun!

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Let’s hope this weather holds until Sunday

Car
    F56 GP
    Here's hoping Andrew.

On another note, I've heard from local NMS informants that there might be a road closure on part of the A93 on the 4th of June. I'm currently waiting to hear back from the local road authority about the planned diversion but with less than a week to go we might need to play this one by ear. As a result I won't be posting the usual prepared run notes as part of the route is currently up in the air.

Update:

I've heard back from the local road authority and the planned closure takes effect from 8pm on Sunday the 4th so we should be fine.
    Last edited by Track Ali; 30th May 2023 at 12:26 PM.
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

Car
    Cooper S Convertible
    Not sure how the catering is working on this so just thought it worth saying that my youngest is coming along for the ride. So you can add James alongside myself.
    56' MINI Cooper S Convertible - Astro Black, 17" R98 Alloys, Cordoba Beige interior with heated seats, Chromed Scoop and Mirror Caps, Chili Pack, MFSW with Cruise Control, "Red" LED Union Jack Rear Lights and Parrott MKi9000 (fitted by me!) 2023 - Full Engine Rebuild

Car
    F60 Countryman Cooper S ALL4 Exclusive
    Ready for Sunday, let’s just hope the bugs keep out of my way on the journey up to the starting point!!!

IMG_0327.jpg
    F60 MINI Countryman Cooper S ALL4 Exclusive (Enigmatic Black/Silver)

Previous MINIs:-
    R53 MINI Cooper S (Pepper White/Black)
    R56 MINI Cooper Bayswater (Midnight Black)

Car
    F56 GP
    Hi folks I've uploaded some run notes in the form of Google Map PDFs. They are available in the first post.

Apologies the run notes aren't in the usual NMS format but it looks like there's yet another road closure we'll need to drive around and I won't be able to recce the run in person again ahead of Sunday's outing. With that in mind I believe Google Maps will be the most helpful solution.

Looking forward to another MINI adventure with you all!

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    Ali I’m gutted I won’t make this now, not been well since Wednesday and was hoping it’d clear up by today but no luck.

Hope everyone has a great day, the weather and roads should be brilliant.

Car
    F56 GP
    No worries Andrew. Hope you feel better soon.

Car
    JCW
    Good to see everyone today who made it along on the Perthshire Adventure, hope the second half to Scone Palace was as enjoyable. See you all soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images