NMS Perthshire Adventure Sunday 4th June 2023

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 GP
    Hi folks, we're planning another run for Sunday the 4th of June.

The plan is to meet and start at Broxden Services in Perth before taking the scenic route through to Braemar Castle and the town of Braemar where we'll stop for lunch before enjoying some more twisting and exciting roads in the afternoon.

Our lunch stop will be at the Braemar Highland Games Centre which has been kindly organised by Jim and Liz.

After lunch we'll jump back in our MINIs and take the A924 across towards Aberfeldy before dropping down towards Crieff and our final destination of Crieff Visitor Centre. Here's hoping there's a few scones left by the time we arrive.

Start Time: 10am for a 10:30am start
    Start Location: Broxden Services, 2 Broxden Ave, Perth PH2 0PX

Expected Arrival at Lunch Stop: 12:30pm
    Lunch Location: Braemar Highland Games Centre.

End Time: Crieff Visitor Centre, Muthill Rd, Crieff PH7 4HQ
    End Location: 4pm

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 18.16.49.jpg

Morning Route.pdf.zip

Afternoon Route.pdf.zip

Run Distance: 130 miles

MINI Runners:

1. Ali & Arwen
    2. Dave & Barb
    3. Andrew
    4. William & Megan
    5. Brian & Christina
    6. Liz & Jim (lunch only)
    7. Charlie
    8. Niall & James
    9. Matt
    Last edited by matsarm; 3rd June 2023 at 01:00 AM.
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

Car
    F60 Countryman Cooper S ALL4 Exclusive
    Add us please Ali and we would prefer to finish in Banchory as we have relatives in Stonehaven who we could visit after. Booking tables for lunch sounds like a good idea too, we’d be up for that. Cheers, Dave and Barb.
    Last edited by DaiB; 17th April 2023 at 12:38 PM.
    F60 MINI Countryman Cooper S ALL4 Exclusive (Enigmatic Black/Silver)

Previous MINIs:-
    R53 MINI Cooper S (Pepper White/Black)
    R56 MINI Cooper Bayswater (Midnight Black)

Car
    2021 F54 JCW
    I'd prefer it if the run came back down as well, otherwise I'd just stick the sat nav on and do the boring road home.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I’d prefer a route back down the road as well, if not like Andrew I would just come back via the motorway etc
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Currently on shift but waiting to see if any swaps available

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Super Moderator
    Car
    F54 JCW White Silver Edition
    I would prefer a route back down

Car
    JCW
    Put Liz and Jim M down as probable please - see below:

As we live in Banchory, we could help with any aspect of the run that needed assistance, such as a scenic route back south if required (I have them from the Jaguar Runs I organise). I think we are okay for the date, Sunday 4th of June, but will confirm once a few other things clarify. Obviously would not come down to Perth to make the start, but would hope to join you for lunch. If you wanted alternative suggestions, we would recommend the Raemoir Garden Centre, which has both a restaurant and a café and the food is really good - also can arrange group parking so the cars are all together. There is also opportunity for some retail therapy if that were required.

Perhaps other Northeast members could come out for the lunch too?

Jim M

Car
    F56 GP
    PM on its way Jim.
    F56 GP with some JCW Pro goodies.

L Plates
    Car
    Cooper S Countryman F60
    I am up for it too, I would prefer a return route as well please.

Car
    JCW
    Hi all,

Meant to say that I believe there is actually a Classic and "Interesting" Car Show in Perth City Centre on Saturday, Jun.03.23 if anyone were interested. Could allow folks to make a weekend of it by attending the show on Saturday and then with an overnight stay, be ready for the early start on Sunday Morning for Ali's Run to Banchory.

I am down to attend the Perth event in the Jaguar, I was there in 2022 and it was really fine to be at a car show and not parked in a muddy field. Last year it took place on Tay Street, alongside the river, and the street was closed off to through traffic. A good crowd of visitors, plus there was bands playing throughout the day as well. Plus the sun was shining.

Jim M