Hi all,

Just 'rejoined' NMS after quite a few years away from MINI ownership. Thanks to William for helping me get restarted on my old username rather than starting afresh.

Previously owned a N18 R56 Cooper S but sold that to scratch a V8 itch. I had 4 full years driving a 6.0 LS2 V8 Monaro as my daily. However, it increasingly needing more attention with (mostly) niggly little issues - not a surprise on a 18yr old Aussie car. I sold it at the end of October with no intentions to replace but my willpower lasted <3 months before I was back on Autotrader...

My new MINI - a 2014 F56 Cooper SD. I'm not 100% sure on all the options. It has the usual toys like HUD, etc., also has the H/K stereo, 8.8" sat nav, full leather, heated seats etc. Diesel rather than petrol - I'm now spending less per year on VED than I was per month on the Monaro, plus triple the MPG. Missing the noise of a petrol engine but after the V8 nothing will come close. I'd started off looking at R56 Cooper SDs but know they weren't a serious option as my kids need more rear seat space (legroom) - the F56 gives enough for this to double up for whole family use.

It's nice to come full circle back to a MINI. Totally coincidental that my F56 matches my previous R56 colour combo

Previous MINI:

The inbetweener:

Current MINI:

Cheers.
Ally