R53 Cooper s ABS Fault

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    R53 JCW
    I’ve seen ABS faults are a common issue, wondering if someone can help. I’ve had issues with abs dsc and tpms lights being present on dash.

The warning lights are intermittent. initially presumed it was going to be a faulty abs sensor or the abs pickup ring. However after running a diagnostic check I’m not so sure. My first diagnostic test results…

5E14-CAN: Connection With Engine ECU Failed
    5E19-CAN: Data Error From Engine ECU
    5E1F- Vehicle Identification Number Different
    5Е16-CAN Instrumentation

After clearing these codes I ran the car for a few miles with no warning lights. When the lights appeared again I ran another diagnostic test and the only code present was,

5D90-Wheel Speed Sensor Position Front Left

I’ve ran a live data test while driving and all wheel speed sensors are operating as expected.

Any info into this would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    MINI 3-DOOR HATCH, Cooper S
    Hello. Based on the diagnostic codes you have provided, it appears that there is a communication error between your vehicle's ABS/DSC system and the engine control unit (ECU). This could be the cause of the ABS warning light on the dashboard.
    Error code 5D90 indicates a possible problem with the front left wheel speed sensor, but you mention that all wheel speed sensors are working correctly, judging by the real-time data check. In this case it is possible that the fault is with the wiring or connectors relating to the front left wheel speed sensor and not with the sensor itself. Disconnect the connector and visually inspect it for mechanical damage. If no damage is visible, spray the connector with electrical contact spray - it will remove the oxide and promote good contact.