Locking Nut Key…

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Hi folks, I’ve been having an intermittent deflation of my front N/S tyre recently - can’t see any foreign bodies, so could be a faulty valve (shades of the Highland Tour on my rear tyre!). Anyway, I was going to get it checked this week and went to the glovebox to get the key… You’ve guessed it - no key. Turned ELFmobile inside out but no sign of it. Can only think I’ve not got it back from last service or just stupidly lost it. What’s the solution? Can I get a replacement from Mini (which doesn’t cost £150 or something mad?) Or are they available elsewhere? Any brilliant ideas gratefully appreciated!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    You’ll be able to get a replacement from MINI. I broke one a few years ago and it was fairly reasonably priced. They’ll just go through their master set and see what key you need
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Many Thanks William, that’s good to know. I’ll give good old Dougie Park a call in the morning!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Key Update, I phoned Park’s and was going to take the car down to get the key matched (was told it could take up to 3 WEEKS!), then thought “I’ll have one last look…”. Found the key carefully wrapped up & stashed in a wee bag with some tools in the boot! Thing is I’d already looked there and just didn’t see it amongst the other stuff… All’s well that ends well! Phoned back & cancelled visit. Have to say the phone manner at Park’s leaves a bit to be desired, both the general receptionist (not in Hamilton) and the Parts Guy were pretty brusque both times I contacted them. Maybe they were stressed, or maybe you have to be potentially buying a car to get really friendly service these days?

Car
    F60 Countryman Cooper S ALL4 Exclusive
    Glad you found it but disappointing to hear about the service.
    F60 MINI Countryman Cooper S ALL4 Exclusive (Enigmatic Black/Silver)

Previous MINIs:-
    R53 MINI Cooper S (Pepper White/Black)
    R56 MINI Cooper Bayswater (Midnight Black)

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Glad you found it Elfman. Yea customer service ie a dying thing theses days.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
    New sig coming soon

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Pleased you found it Elfman
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Always good when a lost thing pops up usually in a place where it’s not meant to be
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland