Alarm and tyre pressure system

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Mums car is a 2015/16 Paceman.
    Mums health aint been the best in the last 12 months so car not been getting used a lot.......it was recently in for a service with our family mechanic we have been going to over 20 years.
    Car passed and all good..............but............

he wasnt able to stop the tyre pressure system light from coming on, the yellow light with the exclamation mark in brackets.......it comes on, flashes, then stays on after saying 'inactive'. He checked the typre pressure sensors and they are all ok.
    The car is the non sat-nav model if this helps.........is there a way to get rid of this? I've tried the menu to deselect it but no change.
    Could it be fixed by hooking up a diagnostic machine to it, a 'Carly' or something..........does anybody on the forum have access to one of these things if it WILL resolve it?

Also........I've got her car today and tomorrow as mine is away currently........but using the 'spare set' of keys, when I unlock the car and open the drivers door the alarm goes off.....is this a poss batt fault in the key fob, or could there be another issue?

Thanks

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Sounds like the battery is running low for the key issue with the alarm going off. The battery should charge when in the slot but may be past recovery if it’s not taking a charge over the next 2 days you have it and a new battery will be needed.

I assume you’ve went into the sub menu and done a tyre reset? This should clear any faults. The system can be a bit sensitive if it’s been sitting and tyre pressures have dropped and then inflated again.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    Sounds like the battery is running low for the key issue with the alarm going off. The battery should charge when in the slot but may be past recovery if it’s not taking a charge over the next 2 days you have it and a new battery will be needed.

I assume you’ve went into the sub menu and done a tyre reset? This should clear any faults. The system can be a bit sensitive if it’s been sitting and tyre pressures have dropped and then inflated again.

Yeah been in for the reset, didnt do anything with getting rid of it

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Quote Originally Posted by MINI William View Post
    if it’s not taking a charge over the next 2 days you have it and a new battery will be needed.

I thought was just a replacement CR 2032 battery but theres videos online saying it needs to be a rechargeable battery????

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Yes it needs to be a rechargeable battery as it gets recharged while it’s in the slot next to the Start/Stop button
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    oh man!!! Thought I'd have another go today........but just been a drive in it, and on top of the other issue now theres a 'red car icon on stilts' randomly appearing and when that happens the speedo goes down to zero...lasts a few seconds then comes back.....what have I done now??? HELP!!

Anyone wanna have a look at it who has experience of this?

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Best taking it to a garage and get a proper diagnosis