Exhausts

Car
    Cooper S DCT
    Hi folks.. I’ve an LCI 2 with the dreaded GPF/PPF attached to it. Being new to the MINI scene I was wondering if they all had a singular join or are they the more conventional 3 part systems? Back box to centre/CAT then front pipe..

EDIT: I’ve had a look for exhausts on the inter web and they state from the GPF back.. I’m assuming that means I’d need a pipe to fill the gap from the GPF/PPF to the new system?
    Or would it be easier to get a decat downpipe that fits on to the stock system?
    Obviously it’s for a better sound, hopefully burbles and pops.
    Last edited by AlanJCW; 31st March 2022 at 06:12 PM.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    You can get a PPF replacement pipe but will bring on a EML ( can be removed)To remove the cat it’s harder on F series cars and will bring on a EML which can be removed by mapping but this will be visible to MINI if they want to look .
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    Cooper S DCT
    Is the sensor in the PPE pipe? I couldn’t see any visible when I got underneath it.
    And unfortunately from what I hear the LCI models have a locked ECU So can’t map it.

I’m really just looking for an exhaust that I can take off before any service work would be carried out by MINI - I was a fitter in a previous life so I’m fairly decent with exhausts. I was hoping the front pipe would be easy to remove but I’d still prefer to replace the back box instead.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    There is a pressure sensor for the GPF, any change will bring a CEL light on unless mapped out, at this point I believe LCI2 cars need the ECU to be removed for mapping. You can get a GPF back exhaust that is essentially a back box replacement that should give a slightly better sound with the benefit of no CEL light
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    Cooper S DCT
    Those sneaky sods lol
    What does the GPF look like? Is it part of the exhaust? I had a quick look under it on some drive on ramps (reversed on) and seen that the whole centre comes from from the front via a resonator to the back box that looked like an all in one piece. I seen somewhere else that the first resonator is the GPF. I took a video of it, I’ve screen shot the resonator in question as I can’t upload the video. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6AA1BFA9-D62B-4A03-BFE9-4543BA10D1E5.jpeg 
Views:	12 
Size:	223.3 KB 
ID:	9183
    Last edited by AlanJCW; 31st March 2022 at 09:10 PM.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    The GPF is a flattish looking resonator. The exhaust will be one piece so anything you do will require the exhaust to be cut, unless you do a full system
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    Cooper S DCT
    Dam it, that’s what I thought but was hoping you wasn’t going to say

Thanks William, your like the oracle for everything MINI

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    What you could do if you wanted a little more noise but didn’t want to cut your existing exhaust would be to see if you can get a JCW exhaust with a GPF, that will give you a bit more noise but keep everything in check with the GPF

Car
    Cooper S DCT
    Like I said, the oracle
    I’m not in the market for one at the minute.. 2 reasons, she’s a list of stuff she wants to spend my penny’s on plus she’s said I’ll be disowned if I touch the car so it’ll be about July time before I’ll be purchasing it.