Heater plug information help

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 Cooper diesel. R 60 Countryman Cooper Auto and Countryman Cooper S Auto
    Hi Guys on stripping my 2015 All4 cooper diesel with the N47C20A engine I noted that the heater plugs appear to be of the 7 volt type but when checking with various suppliers they list 4.4 volt heater plugs. I was wondering if anyone has any experience on the heater plug types?
    I'm wondering if someone in the past has fitted the wrong plugs. As I've never driven the car yet I don't know how good or bad it starts and runs.
    I guess I could contact the main dealers with the engine No to see if they can advise.
    I'm currently on with a total engine rebuild so want to renew all the heater plugs as a matter of course. the 7volt plugs test out OK though.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Camshaft View Post
    Hi Guys on stripping my 2015 All4 cooper diesel with the N47C20A engine I noted that the heater plugs appear to be of the 7 volt type but when checking with various suppliers they list 4.4 volt heater plugs. I was wondering if anyone has any experience on the heater plug types?
    I'm wondering if someone in the past has fitted the wrong plugs. As I've never driven the car yet I don't know how good or bad it starts and runs.
    I guess I could contact the main dealers with the engine No to see if they can advise.
    I'm currently on with a total engine rebuild so want to renew all the heater plugs as a matter of course. the 7volt plugs test out OK though.
    What you could do is check real OEM and see if you can cross match the part numbers ,
    realoem.com
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    realoem.com will be your best bet to find the correct part.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    F56 Cooper diesel. R 60 Countryman Cooper Auto and Countryman Cooper S Auto
    Brilliant many thanks.
    I didn't know about that site, what a great help, it answers my question entirely. So it would appear someone has previously fitted the incorrect glow plugs. The glow plugs removed are numbered as Bosch 0 250 605 006 7V 45930 I assume these are 7 volt glow plugs but Ill now go and see if I can reference them.
    Once again many thanks .

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Camshaft View Post
    Brilliant many thanks.
    I didn't know about that site, what a great help, it answers my question entirely. So it would appear someone has previously fitted the incorrect glow plugs. The glow plugs removed are numbered as Bosch 0 250 605 006 7V 45930 I assume these are 7 volt glow plugs but Ill now go and see if I can reference them.
    Once again many thanks .
    It’s a good place to find out about parts needed or options that maybe fitted
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland