Paceman woes

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Had a few Mini's myself, but traded mine in, June this year for a non-Mini, so taking a little break.
    In the meantime I'm still on here as sister has a Countryman, and mum now has Paceman since May this year, after downsizing from her Freelander 2.

Anyway.....car came with the months warranty from the dealer, who at the time of Covid, brought the car to us from down south.
    Within that first month the clutch 'went' on the car, we ended up getting it fixed and were told it was a 'design fault' on that Paceman, she is a 2016.

Cut a long story short.....mum was in hospital for a while so i ran the car for a couple of days to keep it ticking over. Car was purring away like a dream. Mum gets back home, this was towards end of October. I took the car a run again over a week ago, all good......ended up putting more petrol in it ......the first time it had the 'new' unleaded petrol.
    Put the car back on mums driveway, no issues, as again car was running like a dream.

Get to last week, 10th October. I'm over seeing her and went to move the car, as sister was due over so wanted to give just a little bit more room on the driveway. The Paceman was turning over, but the engine wasnt starting.......this went on and on. Just not 'igniting' for want of a better term to get the engine to start. Strong smell of fuel as well.
    In the end after trying to troubleshoot it we call the RAC.
    They come out ......the guy looks over the car, connects diagnostic.....not telling him much. He was puzzled. Cleared what diagnostic it DID say which was very little, but still nothing. No change.
    He says not to believe what you hear about no issues with the new fuel in general as they have been run off their feet since it was launched with different cars experiencing problems with it.

He takes out the igniion leads, and he spark plugs, cleans them up, starts the engine to clear the fuel from the engine as might be flooded. Puts everything back, and still....no change.

In the end says needs to go to a garage as hes as puzzled as anyone as to what the exact issue is. Builds up the towing apparatus from back of his van, the Paceman gets lifted up and takes it to local garage which is around 1-2 miles away.

I called the garage yesterday on mums behalf.......turns out they had a electrical guy come out to check it as well. What they say is "there has been water which has got into the footwell of the drivers side at some point, and been there long enough to corrode part of the electrical system which sends the signal to the engine to start and thats what the issue is". They are waiting on Mini getting back to them with the part.

I guess its a case of 'watch this space' as hopefully they will get back to us by end of the week.

Apologies for pics, no idea how to turn them before posting :(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2753.jpg   IMG_2755.jpg  

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    I was going to suggest that the windscreen had possible been replaced at some point. I’d think that for corrosion to really set in and play havoc with the car that it could have been an issue before your mum purchased the car.
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    LATEST UPDATE :

Car is still at the garage..........been a delay with Mini directly.
    The part thats corroded and needing replaced needs programmed specifically for that car...........got a call yesterday to say the part should now be with them on 8th Dec.
    I actually went to see the car last week with the guy, theres a section next to the drivers door, in the footwell, that seems to be all wet.........so hopefully once the new part is fixed they can then look to troubleshoot where the problem has come from.

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    Quote Originally Posted by Borvad View Post
    LATEST UPDATE :

Car is still at the garage..........been a delay with Mini directly.
    The part thats corroded and needing replaced needs programmed specifically for that car...........got a call yesterday to say the part should now be with them on 8th Dec.
    I actually went to see the car last week with the guy, theres a section next to the drivers door, in the footwell, that seems to be all wet.........so hopefully once the new part is fixed they can then look to troubleshoot where the problem has come from.
    Hopefully all goes well
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    Hopefully it’s fixed soon and any water ingress is found and sealed
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    2018 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Just a little bit more info since last post.............they have said the car will be getting 'worked on' on Monday, 13/12/21........and in the conversation they also said the source of the leak was the area where water is supposed to run off from the window area or something, was blocked , resulting in the leak.....but they have now cleared that........dunno if this makes sense to anyone who knows what they are meaning?

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    At least it seems they have identified the area of concern ,interesting to find out more about the area that they have identified as causing the leak ,under the windscreen area there are vents that can get blocked by leaves and such like maybe built up over a long time and caused your issues
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland