Modern mini drivers

L Plates
    Car
    07 r56
    In 1990 I got into minis,bought 3 for £110 off of 3 different folk as they all had summit I wanted,1 had an allegro 1700 rebored with big carb also shell was minted with new subframes,other 2 had cracking interior alloys,straight thru exhaust etc so built a mini using a Haynes manual by a miracle it started n looked minted but noticed like bikers n beetle owners,every1 waved,it by broke down,they would stop and help but got a cooper s 2yr ago n noticed new mini drivers don't wave or acknowledge other mini drivers n it's something I miss,there used to be a comradery but sadly now it's gone,I miss they days

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Car
    X3 M competition,F56 GP ,F54 JCW white silver edtionTrafic Formula Edition
    For a lot of people who buy MINI’s these days it’s a lifestyle choice and not much to do with the love that some people have for mini/MINI …has the wave gone …not when we are all out on a run ,but as you say most people don’t wave back or indeed know what you are doing
    The cars in front are New MINI Scotland

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    As above they seems to have disappeared over the years. Only time we get eaves now is if another MINI comes across us on a run etc
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    MINI Cooper S Convertible R52
    LOL we'll get this going again then! I'll be flashing the lights and waving at every MINI we see lol. If you see a wee red MCS R52 flashing and waving, don't be scared, it's only us!!
    To be honest, it's something I miss from having the Mk1 MX5, used to always (well, most times) get waves from other MX5's. Even used to get waves from old Porsches and old MR2's for some reason lol Even an original Lotus Elan flashed the lights at us!

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    2015 F56 JCW
    I parked up next to an identical JCW mini in Morrison's car park the other day and the driver was still sat in his car. He turned, scowled at me, then reversed out of his space and parked his car a few sections back

Car
    Cooper S DCT
    I’m a newbie to Mini ownership however I’m very familiar with the Mini wave..

I’m going to start flashing at other MINI’s and see if we can get it back

My last make of car got ‘waves’ certainly not all the time but the vast majority of time, it was an Abarth 595 - I put it down to lack of them on the road however I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t actually waved at some standard Fiat 500’s by accident due to the similarities of the pre face lift models

L Plates
    Car
    07 r56
    I miss the comradery from old minis,think I'll start waving n try n get it started with new minis

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    The wave was on the wane when I entered the MINI scene in 2004. A lot of the founding members of NMS (including those who had migrated from MINI2) who were in their MINI's since the beginning in 2001 stated that it was commonplace in the early days. However as production ramped up and the MINI became a common site on our roads the wave diminished as a result unfortunately.

However when out on a run with NMS we still get loads of waves from young & old alike especially when they see a convoy of MINI's travelling through towns & villages
    Last edited by Crombers; 3rd November 2021 at 02:34 PM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination