Stainless exhaust for R52 MCS - which do you recommend?

Threaded View

Car
    MINI Cooper S Convertible R52
    Hi guys,

Only just bought my MCS convertible but the exhaust is on its way out big time! Got a couple of quotes for standard steel replacemnts and coming in at £500 to £650 just for a standard exahust.

The last garage to give a quote said that would be a better option to buy a stainless cat back exhaust and they would just charge labour to fit it. Said it would cost a lot less and also last a hella lot longer.

Sooooo, here's my requirements for the exhaust:

Needs to be as quiet as possible, as close to OEM (yeah, i'm of a "certain age" now, too old for all that noisy stuff!)
    look/fit the same as oem
    decent quality

Spotted a Malian system, any good and how quiet are they?

Let me know your experience with different ones, what to avoid etc and if they are available locally to me (or can be delivered) in Scottish borders.

Thanks in advance

Dave
    Last edited by chillax; 13th October 2021 at 06:49 PM.