Hi Everyone

I am new to the forum and would like to say thanks for allowing me to join.

I am looking for some advice if possible about the 12 year Mini corrosion warranty. Firstly I have a 2011 R58 JCW and I have in the last few days noticed some bubbling paintwork on the rear quarter panels in the area just behind the door panel and also along the line of the black plastic moulding. It is from what I understand a reasonably common area for this rust to start appearing so when I booked my appointment with Parks in Hillington I was expecting some positive news as the bubbling is without a doubt coming from within. Anyhow when I booked the car in I was immediately told that this would be very unlikely to pass as a warranty claim which I thought was a strange opening considering that hadn't seen the affected areas at this stage, anyhow the car has now been examined and again I am being told that this will not be successful as the bubbling paint spots are "stone chips" and the rust appearing around the plastic moulding is a paint defect and is only warrantied for 3 years.

In both instances, it is so plainly obvious both these conclusions are wrong and that I feel that Mini is ducking their warranty obligations. Has anyone else seen Mini behave like this as Parks did later confirm had this car come in 2-3 years ago it would have been repaired with almost 95% certainty but not nowadays?